Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By ralfs.volis
jrbe wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:53 am Are the coils grounded well? The 10v can be an odd engine to do coil on plug with the plugs hanging out the side.
Engine grounded to the chassis well?
Seems to me from your info that the weak spark was more forgiving. To me that says electrical noise from the coils.
Coils in connectors have strong grounds, but the coil body havent, will try to ground that.
Yes, engine is well grounded to chasis.
But if there were a noise, it should show up as rpm spikes, shouldn`t it? I dont have any spikes in rpm sensor or any other sensor. Correct me if im wrong. :?
When 5.5k rpms ar reached, it just seems same like hitting the rev limiter.
Idea just came to me :D - will try to hook up ardustim when ecu is still in car (with disconected fuel pump) and simulate those rpm ranges - from 5k to 6k, and will look for spark behavior, if it doesnt disappear. Mby this will tell me, if there is somthing wrong with rpm sensor or to look somwhere else.
By jrbe
Double check cam timing too. If it's off a tooth or 2 it can act just like a rev limiter.
You should see electrical noise in the triggers but it could also get in other ways.
By theonewithin
If there was noise you would expect to see sync loss in logs

Any sync loss?

Also how did you get the 5th ign channel working?

I haven't looked at the code recently but there isn't any pin assigned???

And AFAIK you can't assign those pin in TS
By ralfs.volis
Got it working :) , mainly it was bad tune. :roll:

Thought it was code`s fault, because i had issue to get it working with basic distributor and thought it was something to do with code, but no - sequential setup works. 8-)

Had few issues - one ignition coil was bad, alternator wasnt charging normaly and it got too rich at those rpms when loaded, took bunch of fuel out. And thats why i could get 6k rpms without load (standing still).
But i dont understand why AFR`s were normal, because of that coil? :?:
By ralfs.volis
theonewithin wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:40 am If there was noise you would expect to see sync loss in logs

Any sync loss?

Also how did you get the 5th ign channel working?

I haven't looked at the code recently but there isn't any pin assigned???

And AFAIK you can't assign those pin in TS
Nop, no sync loss, it was too much fuel.
Just added a 5th ignition channel.
Yes, 5th channel is assgned to pin 34.
By turboedge
No change, just attach your igniter driver circuitry to the pin set for the fifth ignition channel for your board type in the init file. Or you can change it to use a different arduino pin while you are looking if you like. I sell a module on my website that can add up to two extra ignition channels to almost any board using the socket originally for the stepper idle module, or on a 0.3.x board you could put it in the proto area.
By ralfs.volis
So, the issue still exists :( Thought that fixed it, but nope :( Few days ago was on the dyno. On the dyno 3rd cylinder (which is ignition output 5) started to act up, burned up spark plug pretty badly. And what was interesting, is that sometimes it knocked, sometimes it didn`t - with same timing and AFR`s. Looks like timing is way off after 5k rpms. And tachometer still doesn't go past 5k rpms. I think its firmware related.

Cylinder 3, spark plug

Here you can see, about after 4.5k-5k rpm it starts to do something weird:
MAP LOOKUP & TS DEFINITIONS

See how the write commands use the identifiers to […]

Ok, I feel so stupid. I was running the Uno output[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?