Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By NickZ
if the sensor is "Shaky" it will never work correctly. No point doing anything until you fix that issue.
By Johnny Loo
melvinvdb wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:24 pm Update:
No more sync issues :D
The car is revving perfectly fine now.
I don't know why a 10nF capacitor won't work and a 1nF capacitor does work on my board.
I've also tested with a different conditioner board but same result.
well, i got this issue too. and i replace from 10nf to 3nf it work pass 5.5k.
By I_IQ_I
Hi, i have about the same issue with my 60-2 trigger wheel and DSC from WTXtronics
my car runs perfectly until i hit 4krpm and then i get that sync loss and the tachometer on TS drops to 0.

i dont see any capacitor on the board related to my crank signal that the people on the forums are talking about.

back when i had my oem ecu running the engine and the speeduino just reading the inputs on a empty tune and the trigger setup done, i could read the rpm until 7k.

i thought it was firmware related so i started to change versions and tunes and Clear the EEPROM but the issue is still not fixed.
when i run the tooth logger, i see the two bars at 3500 rpm and falling or rising edge parameter doesn't seem to change the behavior.

i have an ociloscope if its needed but my guess is that its a firmware issue so i will upload my project and hope someone had the same issue.

btw the car is a 2009 honda fit
Attachments
(1.96 MiB) Downloaded 242 times
By Leys
in my opinion, you dont need all those rpm
if it runs it runs. those cars make enough torque anyway
By NickZ
its nothing to do with firmware, I run a BMW race car on a 60-2 trigger all day long 7000+rpm and have never in 3 years had a single sync loss. I also have 3 other BMW 60-2 triggers and none of them get sync loss either. It would be your setup or the VR conditioner, Im using the MAX9926 VR conditioners
By PSIG
I_IQ_I wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:21 am my car runs perfectly until i hit 4krpm and then i get that sync loss and the tachometer on TS drops to 0.
There are several common situations that appear to cause this. The first test is to confirm that rpm (not load) is the primary condition, by revving to the loss point while parked in neutral. If it disappears, it's probably a tuning issue. If still there, then it's hardware.

If you have an oscilloscope, then test your power supply input and regulated board voltage for noise, ripple, etc. If clean at the breakup rpm, then test the VR signal for the same, and the voltage at breakup. While there, test for the VR voltage at idle, and cranking as well. Let us know what you find, as there are different solutions.
By I_IQ_I
I appreciate the reply
i took a video comparing the signal with the ociloscope the CAN-BUS tacho from oem ecu and the high speed logger when i stared and revved my engine
https://youtu.be/qpWSGQ5dKqs

i just noticed i had your MiniMax A2 and i saw 5 cap. you can see in the video that the start of the sqare wave is round but i dont know if its because i have those old digital ociloscope or because a capacitor takes too much time to charge.
the signal is 5V Peak to Peak, i was on 1V per square durring the vid

i also took a look at my 12V and its clean. its the same one as my oem ecu
you will also notice at the end of the video that i zoomed on a terminal. the shielding is connected to it

i dont think noise is the issue since i tested if i had sync loss when all the mosfets where not triggering using tuning and letting the oem ecu run the engine and i still had the sync loss.
By I_IQ_I
i was wrong, there is a C25 cap on my board which is 0.22uF.
i was looking on the wiki in case i missed something obvious and i saw that one of the updates (V0.3.6) of the board was added caps.

i will swap it for a 1nf which is 220 times smaller and give you an update but i wont be surprised if it doesn't work because its a weird issue

and i meant to say analog osciloscope but i didnt want to add a useless reply
By PSIG
I_IQ_I wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:48 pmyou can see in the video that the start of the sqare wave is round
That is a "normal" signal. Yes, the rounding is mostly caused by the 22nF cap. If you want to test if the cap is the issue, reverse your VR + & - connections, and set Falling edge. Your Trigger Angle will change. Again, the signal in the video (at lower speeds) is relatively normal for most setups, but your issue appears to be the MAX adaptive function is causing an extended signal at the missing tooth.

Unfortunately, this is somewhat common for the MAX on certain wheels and sensors. It is "too smart". :lol: If you can adjust your 'scope, you may find it as a longer gap than normal, and so it loses sync. The adaptive function is blind to a tooth or two after the gap and tooth #1. You also see this on the tooth logger as a second long gap line when revving high.

The MAX is generally good, but most signal conditioners need some tuning to stay in signal range. Sometimes, moving the sensor closer or farther from the teeth helps also.

This is a very bad case of MAX "smart" adaptive function "blinding" on a 36-1 setup. Note this sensor and wheel make a very large pulse (yellow) after the missing tooth. The MAX chip then sees the following teeth as noise, ignores several teeth, and sends a very long gap signal (blue). :shock: When it's this bad, easier solutions are to change to a Hall sensor, or use a different signal conditioner :
MAX992x_adaptive_error.jpg
MAX992x_adaptive_error.jpg (121.12 KiB) Viewed 1901 times
By I_IQ_I
i found the issue
yesterday, when i was looking at the output of the conditioner on the bigger time scale, i didn't see the multiple missing tooth thing you were describing but i was really close to order a new one.
i took the speeduino out of my center console just to find out that the past me put the output of the sensors on the terminal VR- instead of RPM and if you take a look at my tune, the trigger edge was on falling.

your MiniMAX is just fine, user error. im happy now
thx

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?