For anything related to these forums itself including moderation, suggestions, artwork etc.
By ConnerMcLaughlin
I want to search the forum for phrases but I'm not having any luck. For example I want to search for 5 cylinder but the forum search searches for 5 and cylinder. I tried single and double quotes around the phrase alas it still searches 5 and cylinder. These terms are too general and vague to be searched separately. This wasn't so much of a problem in the past but now the forum has gotten so large that it's no longer trivial.
By ConnerMcLaughlin
Damn!!!

...that is a handy little trick. I guess I didn't know enough of the basics to using google. But of course it doesn't fix the forum search yet why do you need the forum search when you have this google trick. Hahaha
By noisymime
Unfortunately phpBB doesn't support full phrase searches :(
It only works with a single word index, so it can't lookup complete phrases.
By PSIG
I put-in for a new !bang custom search. Like Google Custom site search, and can use Google power, but ... not through Google. Our search bar can direct to it automatically, once set-up. Example of a !bang search for images relating to "injector" on this site: !i injector
;)
David

PS: That search is a constructed string to show an example of how it would work once the actual !bang keyword was provided.
By ConnerMcLaughlin
evo_lucian wrote:Side note, nice to see you back on the forums Conner :D
Yeah awesome to be back. I feel I haven't contributed enough. So, here I am again.

About that !bang custom search, it seems a little fancy. And you wouldn't be using google why? Just add a google search on this site for the people that don't want to append "site:speeduino.com/forums" to their search query.
By PSIG
No, it is (optionally) automatically added to the standard forum search bar so you just type "5 cylinder" and that's exactly what you get, from just here, without any more typing. Yes, a Google Custom search bar can do the same thing. However, for most sites I've been on, either people/browsers block scripts and Google stuff, then get frustrated, or there are two search bars and they don't know how or why to use which one. Also, by multi-directing this way it uses components of multiple search engines, for better results. The example above routes through DDG (2nd largest search) for anonymity (security blockers like it), but leverages Google for the better image results, and why I used that one to show the routing. It's quite cool, and pretty new, but up and coming.

David
By noisymime
I added a dedicated google search bar. It seems to work pretty damn well, so I might play with it for a week or so and consider replacing the standard one. It has the advantage that it also searches the wiki at the same time.

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?