For anything related to these forums itself including moderation, suggestions, artwork etc.
Hulk22 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:24 pm Ok, so its prefered to use inline 1k resistor when you use any kind of mosfet. Like ignition driver TC4424A that in the datasheet not mention to use Rprot?
No, a conventional MOSFET normally only needs something like 10 to 200 ohms to slew the turn on/off and prevent ringing with inductive loads. Larger values of resistance will cause slow switching and increased heat losses.
gavin_eakins wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:37 am VNLD5090 datasheet states:
"ST suggests to insert a resistor (Rprot) in line to prevent the microcontroller I/O pins from
latching up(a)"
Latching up? Seriously? I'm quite sure it is an industry standard at least from the 90s to take preventing measures for latch-up in CMOS ICs. But ok, if one wants to be 100% sure then maybe... Although I'd rather say this resistor will protect MCU from destruction of IO or whole IC by limiting current in case something very wrong happens to the driver ;-)

Personally I use 100R with TC442X but rather as a separation between circuit parts.
The answers depend on the device or IC, and the conditions it must cope with. Load drivers are different than device (FET, IGBT, etc) drivers in both what they do and the effects on or from them.

For example, the datasheets for the TC442x do not mention latch-up resistors, as the chip includes latch-up suppression. Competitive devices such as the IX602 also miss mention of resistors, as they claim to be effectively latch-up immune with internal circuitry. Using these same examples, large input capacitors and small output resistors are often used, but not for latch-up. Rather they are for faster switching, reduced ripple, and to suppress harmonic ringing (as already mentioned) of load input capacitance, and in any case resistors are values as low as reasonable. You can find those values or calculations for them in either the datasheets or the supporting application documentation (examples in this post).

Don't confuse or assume a family of devices share common issues, especially with different loads or conditions. I suggest reading the datasheets of the specific device and supporting documentation if the issues are blurry for a specific device or use, or at least that's what I try to do. Many here have been helpful to me for interpreting the info into real-world application. 8-)

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?