For anything related to these forums itself including moderation, suggestions, artwork etc.
OK, so I think things have definitely reached the point where it would be good to have a couple of extra moderators around the forums to keep an eye on things when I'm not around. There's a few regulars about the place who have casually offered in the past, but I thought that to be fair I'd throw the doors open to see who is interested. I can't promise anything and I think that limiting this to about 2 moderators is probably going to be best, so please don't be disappointed if you don't get picked. There will no doubt be more people required down the track.

As a secondary thing, the forum could really use a bit of a redesign or just some basic artwork to change it up from the bog standard phpBB theme. I'm the first to admit that I suck really badly at anything to do with artwork (The logo on the top left of http://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Speeduino is really the limits of my ability) so if anyone feels like throwing together a logo or any other sorts of artwork to dress things up a bit, that would be amazing!

So, if you're interested in either (or both) of the above things, just reply here and I'll be in touch.
I will throw my cap in here, I am usually always in this forum about 4-5 times a day, usually first thing in the morning and last thing i check before i go to bed. I am not that good with graphics and art but i can help keep the forums running smoothly.
As an idea for a logo, what about something similar to the Arduino logo?
Say, two "infinity" symbols side by side, each stylized to look like two wheels & tires, one with an automotive like profile above it and the other a motorcycle, then stylized "SPEEDUINO" text spanning beneath them with a slight side-to-side motion blur that trails off to the right.
cx500tc wrote:As an idea for a logo, what about something similar to the Arduino logo?
Say, two "infinity" symbols side by side, each stylized to look like two wheels & tires, one with an automotive like profile above it and the other a motorcycle, then stylized "SPEEDUINO" text spanning beneath them with a slight side-to-side motion blur that trails off to the right.
You mean something like....
Attachments
stikers-Speeduino.png
stikers-Speeduino.png (10.1 KiB) Viewed 8181 times
noisymime wrote:OK, so I think things have definitely reached the point where it would be good to have a couple of extra moderators around the forums to keep an eye on things when I'm not around. There's a few regulars about the place who have casually offered in the past, but I thought that to be fair I'd throw the doors open to see who is interested. I can't promise anything and I think that limiting this to about 2 moderators is probably going to be best, so please don't be disappointed if you don't get picked. There will no doubt be more people required down the track.

As a secondary thing, the forum could really use a bit of a redesign or just some basic artwork to change it up from the bog standard phpBB theme. I'm the first to admit that I suck really badly at anything to do with artwork (The logo on the top left of http://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php/Speeduino is really the limits of my ability) so if anyone feels like throwing together a logo or any other sorts of artwork to dress things up a bit, that would be amazing!

So, if you're interested in either (or both) of the above things, just reply here and I'll be in touch.
If you don't mind me saying, I would consider the people that have supported the project from the very start and give them priority. I am already a moderator and manager of several engineering forums, I am also running the family business which is by far no where easy since family feud is a daily occurrence and at the very last of the long tedious list, I'm also currently beating cancer for the fifth and final time.

I'll be more than happy to help anyway I can, I have lots of resources and I'm having fun so no harm there.

But due to my pending medical activity, I appreciate the open offer but must decline.
edc_atl wrote:
cx500tc wrote:As an idea for a logo, what about something similar to the Arduino logo?

This looks terrific! Do yu have if in a larger copy at all?

You've been a huge help in so many ways to the project, so thanks for everything you've done. Best of luck with everything around your treatment too.
noisymime wrote:
edc_atl wrote:

This looks terrific! Do yu have if in a larger copy at all?

You've been a huge help in so many ways to the project, so thanks for everything you've done. Best of luck with everything around your treatment too.
I know I'm not edc_atl, but how's this:
speeduino.png
But I'll let him make the call.
Thanks guys, just something I threw together but it is getting a lot better!

How about the Arduino infinity sings a the windows or so.
Also, it looks more like a station wagon, need to cut down the size a bit.

Outstanding :D
The 'infinity' logo has a very inconvenient Trademark symbol with it. Though it would work until somebody cared. ;)

Last edited by PSIG on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?