Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By androidcho
Ok, guys!
Im in the process of adding second maps to Speeduino, but decided to make a new thread and to collect some opinions, because if it won't be added to the main project, there's no reason to do it (also a question to noisymime).
As second maps I mean VE, IGN and AFR.
TS interface is completed, 3 more pages are added, one config dialog is added for second maps settings (currently only on/off).
We have enough storage space at this stage and won't be out of space after adding these 3 plus some config options. These maps will take 3 * 288 bytes, we have more than 1Kb avail.
By androidcho
It'll check for the input pin and switch the tables or the switching will be done after meeting some requirements (coolant temp, RPM).
By PSIG
These were on the list for Flex Fuel, staged injection, ratio-metric water injection, and other stuff, so it should be of benefit to several options and many users in various ways.
:D
David
By punisher454
It would benefit a couple of my projects. I need to switch from running 8 injectors to 16 injectors when a certain fuel threshold is reached. I will be using external drivers of course, and just need a switch to turn on the extra drivers.
I actually was looking at the flex code to see how it adds another multiplier to the fuel calc. But an actual table of some sort would be really nice. I was just thinking about dividing the pulsewidth/2 while enabling the extra injectors (all my injectors are the same 42lb size).
By zomesi
i really like this project you are doin..

my first use of this is to change maps on the street for fuel economy or for street drag and stuff... :mrgreen:
By noisymime
I'm all for it and happy to look at adding it, provided it doesn't cause memory or performance type issues.

What specific use cases would you see each table being used for? Whilst table switching does have some valid use cases, I've seen them used poorly in a lot of setups, in particular the old chestnut of:
zomesi wrote:my first use of this is to change maps on the street for fuel economy or for street drag and stuff...
(And I don't mean to pick on you zomesi) A good speed density tune does not need a table switch to accomplish this. Provided you're using the same fuel, a single VE table can be setup for both economy and performance without the need for switching.

On the fuel side of things, specifically, ethanol is wonderfully consistent in its requirements, meaning that you can you can simply alter fuel and ignition timing in a linear fashion based on the ethanol content. No table switching should be needed, you just plug in the E0 and E100 levels and the transition is linear as the content increases (am happy to be proven wrong on this one if anyone has any first hand evidence to the contrary).

Do you have this in a github fork at all?
By androidcho
Right now, I don't have it in a github fork, but when the time comes, it'll be uploaded. I'm working at November's release.
They can be used for running the engine on LPG(way too different fuel for the primary map, and it requires/likes a little more advance) and much more, including using them as an extension to the primary maps.
BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?