For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By dazq
JHolland wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:31 pm
dazq wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:06 pm Re the protocol, no we don't use the ms protocol but we are now using some of the other TS commands it has available.
What protocol are you using?
Speeduino may use similar commands to ms , but those and their use format is defined by TS. We don't use them as ms serial protocol does for copyright reasons. We also don't use their 29bit canbus protocol either for same reasons.
The serial3 protocol was tweaked slightly from the TS version in the beginning.the letter commands serial0(TS) use and serial3 use are similar ,this is explained in the wiki.serial3 doesn't use the CRC checking at this time.
The serial data stream from either serial0 or serial3 is not the issue anyways, it is how we should break it up into chunks that canbus can transmit that needs to be devised. the serial streams can be a several hundred bytes long something even a single ISO tp message won't deal with.
By dazq
I have started a new thread to discuss the creation of a suitable protocol to convert the serial into can.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5620
By JHolland
dazq wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:53 pm the serial streams can be a several hundred bytes long something even a single ISO tp message won't deal with.
I've only used CCP in ECUs but according to Wikipedia ISO TP from 2016 can handle 4294967295 byte packets.

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?