Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
By PSIG
Just to be clear, when I brought this up on the Slack message board, I am after speed. There are many places to get small-batch runs of boards, but most take 2-4 weeks from click to in-hand. I'm searching for one that can get one proto PCB or three in my hand yesterday, or as soon thereafter as possible. ;) Suggestions with a focus on speed are helpful to me and would actually serve most Speeduino users that only need one or a few boards anyway. A small increase in cost (not $$$ shipping) is acceptable for emphasis on speed of turnaround. Suggestions welcome!

David
By dazq
My experience with uk suppliers is the increase speed is not scaled by cost! Eg one supplier said yeh1-2 days but going to be 180gbp for 2 100x100mm boards!!! What!!!
By cx500tc
dazq wrote:My experience with uk suppliers is the increase speed is not scaled by cost! Eg one supplier said yeh1-2 days but going to be 180gbp for 2 100x100mm boards!!! What!!!
That is nuts. 180 GBP (sterling) would be like almost $240 USD... for two boards? Yeah... so much would not go there. $120 USD per board? :shock:

As I mentioned elsewhere, one could get 10 of those for around $100 USD, shipping likely included. They may not be the best quality, but if they work and look somewhat decent, why not?

To be fair, I'm sure there is a quantity break somewhere in there, and were I offering a professionally oriented product, I might spring for the extra... but for this?
By cx500tc
Worth noting is it's common for various PCB companies to act solely as an intermediary between the customer, a.k.a. "you", and the actual board manufacturer, meaning companies "A", "B" and "C" all use company "Z" to build boards, and company "Z" may even offer retail services too. So, it can be beneficial to do some research and shopping around for the best price, and may even be worth paying a little bit more for better service.

Compiled from various other discussions, in no particular order except as I thought of or encountered them:

Elecrow US Shenzhen, China based. Thanks @turboedge for the correction in chat.
Advanced Circuits| 4PCB US based.
Olimex.com Bulgaria based. New orders suspended as of October 25, 2017, to catch up with existing production orders.
PCB Unlimited US based. Can source boards using USA and Chinese manufacturers.
PCB Train UK based.
Dorkbot PDX US based "pooling" service.
PCB CART China based. Also provides assembly services, apparently.
SVET ELEKTRONIKE Solvenia based "pooling" provider.
PCBYA Spain based. Not accepting orders as of October 25, 2017 due to maintenance work.

A "pooling" provider groups multiple orders from different clients together to hopefully get lower per-board costs. While typically lower costs are a result of this, one down side is it can increase turn-around times substantially, depending on order volumes and actual sizes and shapes and other options with the boards being ordered.
By turboedge
Thought I would share my experiences.

My original NO2C were mfgd by twistedtraces.com of the USA, Illinois. It was expensive, $17 per board. The shipping was free, and when they missed their mark on time to ship they automatically overnighted them. The quality of the board was good, had a nice matte green finished solder mask. However the silk screen was printed on, and while the quality was good, the detail was not fine.

The second iteration of the NO2C was mfgd by pcbway.com of China. Right around average pricing for China. The quality was good as was the speed to ship, but I chose E-Packet shipping and that took over a month.

The third iteration of the NO2C was mfgd by jlcpcb.com of China (part of EasyEDA). Very cheap. Quality was decent for most boards, however there were a couple of boards that had their solder mask fixed. Shipping was again the issue, even though this time I chose DHL having learned my lesson the last time. Let me explain. These boards were ordered about a week before a week long Chinese holiday, and according to the information they sent me, they finished and shipped them out before the holiday. They sent me a link to DHL's website that did not and will not ever work. Monday after the holiday Singapore Post picked up the item and managed to get it to the USPS and delivered to me by the end of the week (found this out when I got the real tracking number off the box). That's pretty good, but not what I paid for. I emailed jlcpcb a couple days after the holiday since the tracking was still not working and never got a response. I will NOT be doing business with these people again.

Because I wanted some yellow with black silkscreen and because I was unsure that the stuff from the company above would ever be seen, I made another order with elecrow.com of China. Elecrow was the only company (that I found) that would do a black silkscreen on yellow without charging extra. Plus they have good youtube reviews. Quality is good, though the silk screen was a little out of alignment on one set. Manufacturing time was a little slower than the two other Chinese companies, but they had just come back from holiday and may have had a back log. Paid for DHL shipping again, and this time I got it. DHL is nothing short of amazing, 2 business days from China to Michigan.

I went back to pcbway.com to make a larger order. I will likely stick with them. Boards are very good, silkscreen very readable even at .5mm (with magnification), and manufacturing time was spot on their estimate of 4 days. They have a nice system too that shows its progress through the manufacturing process. Once again DHL delivered in two days.

I have also ordered some small boards with pcb.ng of USA, New York. Took a bit to get them, but hey it was $6 for 6. They also print their silkscreen, but the ones I got were not very good, looked like some of the nozzles were clogged :( nice ENIG though.

I used oshpark.com of USA also, a little faster than pcb.ng IIRC, and perfection ENIG, solder mask and silkscreen.

So in conclusion. Tiny orders oshpark.com, anything else I'd probably use pcbway.com with DHL. Pcbs.io is on my list to try though.
By Datto91
EASYEDA.COM 10 boards for 2 dollars with 18 shipping but there are limits to it came to USA in about 4 days
25189056_10210713812661255_3201161745229567858_o.jpg
25189056_10210713812661255_3201161745229567858_o.jpg (122 KiB) Viewed 6019 times
Auto Transmission Controller

I have read through most of the Wiki. Am I missin[…]

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?