Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Hello friends, I am doing a mini cooper engine swap for Yamaha R1 2012, crossplane crank, 24-2 crank 1 tooth cam, I have problems with the odd ignition configuration since the ignition order would be 1-3-2-4, taking the cylinder 1 as zero degrees the trigger, has someone done this configuration before who can help me in configuring the ignition angle for each cylinder
If I'm not mistaken, that is a flat-plane crank, not a cross-plane (American V8 style), which makes it uneven-firing. If my figures are correct, #1 is always 0°, and the rest would be:
R1 2009+ firing angles 1324.jpg
R1 2009+ firing angles 1324.jpg (15.84 KiB) Viewed 602 times

Assumes 1-3-2-4 firing order. Verify angles before trying to run it. I'm just trying to help, and it's your engine. :lol:
PSIG wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:30 am Si no me equivoco, eso es una manivela de plano plano, no un plano cruzado (estilo V8 americano), lo que hace que dispare de manera desigual Si mis cifras son correctas, el #1 es siempre 0°, y el resto sería:

R1 2009+ ángulos de disparo 1324.jpg

Asume el orden de disparo 1-3-2-4. Verifica ángulos antes de intentar ejecutarlo Solo estoy tratando de ayudar, y es tu motor. : jajaja:
[/cita]

according to yamaha.

A key feature of the R1's 4-cylinder 998cc engine is the crossplane crankshaft with its even 270°-180°-90°-180° firing sequence

What I don't understand is that if 1 is physically at 0 degrees in the engine, cylinder 1 is at TDC in the center of the missing teeth, which would be 0 degrees. I will do the test as you indicate tomorrow, for this configuration I would have to run it sequentially with cam sensor?
You are correct, I reversed the terms when typing. The remainder of the statement stands.
PSIG wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:30 am If I'm not mistaken, that is a flat cross-pane crank (American V8 style), not a cross flat-plane, which makes it uneven-firing. [A flat-plane would fire 0-180-360-540] If my figures are correct, #1 is always 0°, and the rest would be:

Assumes 1-3-2-4 firing order. Verify angles before trying to run it. I'm just trying to help, and it's your engine. :lol:
Today I will do the tests with the angles that you indicate, otherwise I would have to uncover the engine and turn it manually to locate the degrees in the ignition order, is this the correct way to find?
Yes, if you can't find it in research, test it physically. It's not too difficult, as the firing angles are multiples of 90°, so just getting close will confirm which it is. If you can find a crankshaft photo in proper orientation and rotation, you should be able to see if the #3 crank throw is either 270 or 180 from #1.

I used references such as this:
Uneven firing
The new engine’s uneven 270° - 180° - 90° - 180° firing interval creates a whole new feel to the inline 4-cylinder engine …
So, it could be from 0° + 270 + 180 + 90 = 720° total (full cycle). But it could also be assuming "270" is TDC, so 0 + 180 + 90 + 180 = 450, leaving 270 after the last firing to reach 0 again. I am not sure which 0° is (normally it would begin with 0). This is why I suggest to verify. ;)

Don't forget the IGN outputs fire in-sequence, so they must be wired to the correct cylinders, e.g., IGN1 to Cyl1, IGN2 to Cyl3, etc.
Hello, I physically checked and starting from TDC cylinder 1, the ignition order is 270-450-540 degrees, I set the outputs to the corresponding coil, set it to sequential, I have full synchronization in ts, I have injection and spark but the engine does not makes some sign of wanting to start, it seems like it lost the spark
NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?