Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
Harness search turned up nothing but spun the cas backwards with a drill and go full sync as fast as it would go. Only 2k but that’s more promising. Gonna flip wires and try to start it. I’ve been having trouble loading new firmware w speedy loader. Can I compile through the ide?
I’m using the max9926 vr conditioner. Everything I’ve read says use rising edge. Swapping wires now.
Assuming your probes were correct polarity ;) (verify that), your 'scope traces show correct sensor polarity. This shows as a negative voltage swing off the last tooth at the gap, drifting positive in the gap. :) Oddly however, the output signal is not inverted, as MAX chips normally do. :?

The inverted signal normally uses Rising trigger edge setting, but in your case it is not inverted :? and indicates a Falling setting is appropriate. I am assuming this, as the "double-bar gap" is either reversed sensor polarity or wrong edge setting. Which specific MAX module are you using?

Double-bar gap = reversed VR sensor.jpg
Double-bar gap = reversed VR sensor.jpg (20.18 KiB) Viewed 638 times
Typical MAX in/out per datasheets:
MAX inverted output.jpg
MAX inverted output.jpg (45.21 KiB) Viewed 637 times
Swapped polarity at the connector for the sensor. No change. The double bar gap is still there. Swapping back now and changing to falling edge just to test.
I am officially out of ideas. Re scoped the output of the vr conditioner. Visually confirmed it’s not inverting. Switched to falling trigger. Car ran normal for a short while. (Enough for me to adjust trigger offset a couple of times with a timing light) now same thing. The square wave coming out of the vrc is pristine while the tooth logger shows something completely whack. Simultaneously the 5v output is no longer outputting 5v causing my loss of tps. Starting to look like I’ve got a pooched board or mega.
Attachments
IMG_0082.jpeg
IMG_0082.jpeg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 619 times
IMG_0083.jpeg
IMG_0083.jpeg (2.59 MiB) Viewed 620 times
Car voltage was 12.6+. it charged the whole night and was on the tender while testing. even removed it thinking it was the issue.

ordered a new vrc, mega, and a speeduino v0.4.3 board from them yesterday should be here by friday. I think it might be the mega but for $170 with two day its in my budget and I figured all new hardware couldn't hurt. my current board has a lot of corrosion or oxidation on the surface likely cause the car sits so close to the ocean.
BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?