Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By FieroFiama87
Hey all, i've been working on swapping a 2010 gm ecotec 2.2 into my 87 fiero SE for the past several months. I have been working on engine management most recently and am using a speeduino v0.4.3d to run the engine. I have gotten all my sensors talking with speeduino and all my hardware works fantastic until i try to start the engine. I have no injector signal during cranking however all my injectors work perfect when using hardware test mode. I have crank signal and i'm assuming cam signal is good as well since i am getting a tach signal during cranking. is there a reason why my injectors would be inactive? am i missing a critical setting? This is my first adventure with speeduino in anyway so all advise is welcome.
By jonbill
Your tune looks OK to me, and the log shows speeduino thinks it's opening the injectors.
What makes you think it's not firing the injectors?

As an aside there's a couple of settings I'd suggest changing, but they're not this problem.
1) you should use per tooth ignition timing.
2) don't use ego correction while tuning. and you'll probably not get far without a wideband.
By jonbill
oh, and there might be something wrong with your MAP sensor or config. It's only fluctuating between 78 and 85, and I'd expect it to get down to 40 or 50 while you were cranking. (and be at 100 when you're not, unless you're up a mountain).
By FieroFiama87
Interesting, i had no idea how to read the log so i was going off of the injectors not spraying fuel that i could see when removed during cranking. Now ill add that i am working out in a shed without lights so being able to see is something i cant do very well lol. But if you said the log shows them firing could my duration be a problem with why it wont start? Maybe its not opening them long enough to spray enough fuel. Also what is the EGO correction you mention? im not familiar with that term. Ill have to investigate the map problem, i might have a vacuum leak causing that issue.
By jonbill
Well, if it's not starting, first thing I'd check is that the trigger angle (in trigger settings) is correct.
Enable fixed/locked timing in Spark Settings and check with a timing light that it really is sparking at 0 degrees (or whatever you set the fixed timing to).
If that's all OK, I'd up the priming pulsewidth a lot - maybe 50ms at your ambient temperature (15c it looks).

Ego correction is the 02 correction thing, under Tuning->AFR/02. You've said you've got a narrow band sensor and to use PID control algorithm to correct to the values in the AFR table. I'm suggesting you set 'algorithm' to 'no correction'.
By FieroFiama87
Awesome, thank you so much! ill give all those a shot and see how it goes. Ive got a narowband O2 sensor i'm hoping to use to save cost (i'm a broke college student lol). I want to wire that up this week as well as the rest of the cars electrical system.
By jonbill
Fwiw, I think the log shows the injectors working because the pw field has a reasonable positive value and the rpm shows a reasonable cranking speed. If there was some config wrong that was stopping injection, the pw would be 0.
By FieroFiama87
I changed the MAP sensor and managed to get a cough out of the engine. I wanted to check the ignition timing but my timing light is too old and weak to see the marks. I was wondering about the cam reluctor wheel, i don't know what style it is. I was under the impression it was a 4-1 but to be honest i have no idea.

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?