For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
I ordered a Speeduino 4.3 without sensor.

The flow would be like this, I believe:

SPEEDUINO...........output...Pulse waves for 1 injector....
CONVERSION CIRCUIT...??......output...Converted wave for UART input....
CONTROLLER/DRIVER https://www.amazon.com/Stepper-Controll ... YXRm&psc=1
...........output...Step signal wave..........
STEPPER MOTOR.........output..... Direct mechanical coupling..........
NEEDLE VALVE constant flow fuel metering
Wow, I just thought of something. A simple formula.
Crest Time Per Second (of a single injector wave form from the Speeduino)

Surely the UART capable controller could use THAT!
Does that make sense? Could that be tabulated and then used?
Casey C wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:53 am Wow, I just thought of something. A simple formula.
Crest Time Per Second (of a single injector wave form from the Speeduino)

Surely the UART capable controller could use THAT!
Does that make sense? Could that be tabulated and then used?
The UART is for serial communications, if you want to accurately capture the pulse duration then you need to use input capture.
The UART is for serial communications, if you want to accurately capture the pulse duration then you need to use input capture.
Beautiful man, that puts me right there.
What about capturing the injector signal before its turned into a wave on the Speediuno.
Maybe it is an analog fuel quantity.
I have no idea what I'm talking about, just throwing that 'out there'.
You guys got your bandsaws ready? lol. 5x mileage
Ignore my question:
What about capturing the injector signal before its turned into a wave on the Speediuno.
Maybe it is an analog fuel quantity.
The frequency contains the RPM or fuel quantity multiplicant and is essential.

Looking at this closely,
if you want to accurately capture the pulse duration then you need to use input capture.
I'm wondering if pulse durations (sometimes multiple pulses) DURING A SHORT SPECIFIED TIME, is a 'thing' in electronics, because that's what I really need. Thanks.
Concisely, I need to capture is "pulse durations per (???)second." (Micro? Milli?)

This would be a flow-rate index number, and have all the trimmings from the engine's sensors. In other words, it would be a beautiful thing.
My perspective is that you would require specific repeatable fuel valve positioning, using feedback or self-regulating control. An example could be a TPS potentiometer on a throttle body for position feedback and correction. Stepper motors can work to position a valve by steps, but they are unconfirmed or unverified. Any loss of steps and the system is wrong, and stays that way with no feedback to warn the controller or user.

So an example to allow rapid development could be a standard rotary or linear servo, operated by a driver (signal converter) board, translating Speeduino injector output to servo position output. Effectively, an Arduino Nano with Speeduino input and servo output at 50Hz PWM and variable DC. Instant servo position control. This is to keep it simple and cheap until you find from operational experience how to best alter the concepts.

As to your patent, I'd still appreciate seeing the application. No I did not express interest in your project with my request for your patent, but rather wondering how many current patents it likely violates. Just from your description and photo, I know of a list your arms length already patented, and some in public domain (unpatentable such as 1940s NACA research) for staged small bores, turbulent intake, vaporizing mechanisms, etc, from GM to Honda to Smokey Yunik - and those are just a few of the ones I know about. This is not to rain on your parade, but is a reality check as it will make patent search and qualification likely very expensive. Vapor is a big deal for a century, as only vapor can burn. ;) Of course, making one for your own use will not likely violate a patent use law, so have fun with yours for now! 8-)
"alloy tube, jb weld and jubilee clamps"

i love it. nothing better when someone makes something from nothing, and on top of that have it work and all.

however you got that ecu to behave while you basically cut off the injection...fair play to you, no lights on the dash either?

does very hot/cold weather affect perfomance of the system?

100% im following this. us british love a good shed invention. might have bugger all wisdom for you mind! :lol: seems like you paid attention in school :lol:
[quote] Benw94 wrote:"alloy tube, jb weld and jubilee clamps"

i love it. nothing better when someone makes something from nothing, and on top of that have it work and all.

however you got that ecu to behave while you basically cut off the injection...fair play to you, no lights on the dash either?
Well listen, it's pretty far along, and it will work because the concept is dirt simple.
My original plan was to use one tiny carb per channel.
But the velocity through it is so much faster than its designed for, the fuel has problems keeping up.
I was keen to try the lawnmower carb because a YouTuber put one on his old 302 Maverick with surprising success.
But in my case I have the throttle body, so the tiny carb throttle is just left wide open all the time.
I did drive it 20 miles like that, turning the injectors on below 1100 rpm.
Dazq told me this was possible, a few weeks ago, and indeed it was!
(When I use the Speediuno I plan on doing the same thing to the spark plugs, and applying the Speeduino's timing signal.)
Toward the end of the 20 miles the injector fuel pump fuse blew, and I don't know why.
Haven't touched the car for 5 days, as I had to work my regular job.
But then I realized this needle valve is the way to go.
Unlike an injector it will wet every inch of air.
Unlike a lawnmower carb, it will meter properly through the power range.
Keep in mind I've built only 1 of the 4 channels
but it should still supply highway power, and provide a lot of testing.
My first school was Aircraft Powerplants, then I had a job rebuilding VW bug and bus engines in the late 70's.
Then I joined the Navy and got sent to electronics school. (Old School electronics! 1982!)
I've had a few other simple inventions, that gave me the balls to try this.
But quite honestly, I don't see any way it will not work.
I had no engine light until it ran rough when the injector fuel pump stopped.
I also have a 2-4 psi pump for the lawnmower carb, and somehow it went dead too at the end of the 20 mile journey.
Really weird, but no big deal. I was using the radio dashboard power wire on the low psi pump, but I just received some fuse taps to give its own wire.
The injection pump is more of a mystery.
I put a switch in it's stock wires. Other things run off its fuse too.
But I will replace the fuse and also give it its own fuse (tap).
This is why I started with just one of the four channels; I knew there would be modifications and ideas from trying it.
The needle valve run by the Speediuno will be fantastic.
Now I will also be able to change the timing, which is inevitable. Vapor runs with more advance because it burns a bit slower.
Thanks for the intrest and enthusiasm Ben. We could really make some great things here, I think.
does very hot/cold weather affect perfomance of the system?

There will probably be add ons to cope with hot and cold weather.
Vapor lock may occur if the fuel lines are not insulated in hot weather.
In damp weather, icing may occur if the baffle channels get too cold. Encapsulating them with hot coolant may be necessary. They get super cold when the car is running.
Also a squirter at the mouth of the manifold may be necessary for starting in cold weather.
I'm not really sure though, because there is a lot of velocity where the normal fuel enters, so...that's a question mark.

I'm really honored to be in the company of you guys.
The Speediuno is fantastic and I want to learn so much about it.

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?