For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
Hey guys!
I think I narrowed the gap (slightly) to get a usable Fuel Rate signal from injectors pulse duration and frequency (the latter which changes with RPM).
Keep in mind, this "Fuel Rate" or 'fuel flow demand signal' goes to a step motor driver to turn a needle valve. (Got all that? Lol)
All I need is pulse duration TIMES pulse frequency.
So I just capture both with an Arduino.....How about that?
Also, I noticed 4.3 has a 2.5 Amp step motor driver. (My stepper motor is 1 amp.)
Now if only Speediuno could itself, send the fuel rate signal to the onboard driver.
Although my Speediuno experience is limited, this seems like it might also be possible......?
I'm using a minimum of functions on the Speediuno; only spark and fuel.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Is any or all of this possible?
At the end of the day this is what speeduino is all about, if a feature doesn't exist then add the code for it!
No reason the idle stepper driver on a speedy board cannot be repurposed , you just need to add the control code.
Casey C wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:48 pm Fantastic!
thanks dazq
I haven't recieved my Speediuno yet or Engine Sim, so I have time to study.
What about this Arduino https://forum.arduino.cc/t/detecting- ... on/697522
discussion.
I don't know if these codes would work.
The posters refer to various processors.
If you are modifying the speeduino firmware to drive the idle stepper accessory directly you won't be measuring the pulse width as that discussion mentions as the calcs will have already been made.
You need to devise a suitable algorithm to convert the variable data from the internal calcs into the stepping sequence you want output for your needs
Right right.
I need Speediuno to find immediate pulse width/duration.
I need it to find frequency. (Hmm RPMx2!? Two injections per rev. :P u

Then multiply those two together to get a relative fuel demand number (quantity). Units don't really matter I don't think. (That number will be multiplied or divided again, depending on how far the step motor has to turn to increase or decrease fuel flow. :shock:

Then, if the increase and decrease resulting from incremental (step) turns of the needle valve is not linear, I can massage the air/fuel table. :geek:

(I'll have to experiment with fuel flows from various needle positions, running the fuel into a measuring container.) That should be fun. :o

If I can achieve full vapor, I should only need 1/5 the normal fuel flow of the engine.
I entend to make this the New Normal. :lol:

I want to say that vapor is a completely different animal. It does not burn hotter it burns cooler.
It not adhere to the so called stoichiometric "laws".
For example when a firefighters walks into a room of explosive gasoline vapor, his meter can read as low as 1.4 percent gasoline. There are no droplets present.
14.7 af ratio is only a helpful guide when droplets are present.
Car enthusiasts will have to get their head around this, but it's been around so long, it won't be easy. :|

Having said all that I'm really weak on the code and procedures to run this fuel flow stepper motor, but I'll keep hacking away at it, with any help like above (from dazq).

I think we've narrowed down the needed process quite a bit.
Thanks

BTW, people may wonder where I get this vapor information, it's out there, but not in one place. You can Google and check, and perhaps find out some new interesting information as well.
Casey C wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:20 pm I think I narrowed the gap (slightly) to get a usable Fuel Rate signal from injectors pulse duration and frequency (the latter which changes with RPM).
If you are measuring the injector pulse width directly then you will need to subtract the dead time.
Casey C wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:12 am If I can achieve full vapor, I should only need 1/5 the normal fuel flow of the engine.
Again, not to rain on your parade, but your statement infers that 80% of ingested fuel exits the exhaust un-burned. That simply is not true. All other loads and drags, and thermal inefficiencies remain.

Likewise, you cannot ignore that x-amount of energy is required to propel the car from point A to point B, and your fuel mass must contain that much energy, after loads and inefficiencies (alternator, tire drag, etc), which are the sources of the typical 70-80% inefficiency. 100% vapor will ensure more complete combustion, but wasted raw fuel out the exhaust is already very low. Just look at the hydrocarbon and monoxide percentages in your exhaust - that is the max un-burned fuel remaining to burn completely by vaporization. Not much.

Better is always better, but it's a few percent, nowhere near 400% improvement your 1/5 number indicates. Just look at gaseous fuel systems for examples, such as hydrogen, natural gas, propane, etc, for examples of full vaporization effects. Do your thing and chase your dreams, but please use correct data and principles to support your hypothesis when presenting on the Forums.
Hey guys,
I missed a post early on by PSIG, who suggested a servo motor, because it is close looped.
When I finally caught the post a couple days ago, I realized he was right.
I'm going to redirect these efforts to use a servo motor rather than a stepper motor.
Thanks everyone! And sorry PSIG for not catching your post when it was posted.
In regards to PSIGs latest post, yes there are over 200 vapor type system patents, this one is the only one with parallel chambers used in this specific way, which is different than progressive barrels used in other systems.
Also, I don't believe I've relayed any 'false information'.
My mission is to understand and utilize the physical principles of vapor which allowed others and more specifically Tom Ogle to achieve 100 mpg in a Ford Galaxy 500, under heavily scrutinized and monitored conditions;
observed by scientists, as well as local and national media reporters and cameras. That event in particular is well documented. :P
As well as 100mpg from petrol vapour in a 70s US tank, Its also true that paedophile lizards are taking over governments of the world and 5g gives you covid.
All true, because national media has reported that "scientists" have confirmed it.

Yes, to minimize the number of injections for eq[…]

Hello I have a ua4c board and I just finished tuni[…]

If you want the simplest/easiest setup then you c[…]

Tach output and RPM sensor issues

Hi, I am in the process of converting the ignition[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?