Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By Fatman
Hi everyone, I have just tried updating to the 202305 firmware and started the car and it sounded like it was running on 2 cylinders.

I thought this may be a base tune issue so I transferred all the settings and tables into a blank base tune and it did exactly the same thing.

The car is a 1.2 turbo Clio running staged injection. I tried disabling the staged injection and only running the car on the primaries which worked fine.

I have currently reverted back to 202207.2 but I would love to run this new firmware because I think the accel enrichment changes will solve a long standing problem the car has had.

I found another post on the bug section viewtopic.php?p=63928#p63928 which describes exactly what I have found.

I will go out to the car now and put 202305 back on and try and take a log file and also upload my tune
By Fatman
Hi again,

Here is my tune and log file. As RogerioTonin said in his post (link above) it seems that output 4 is always active when the engine is running when automatic staged injection is active. I have not tried the table mode but I have never used it and the purpose of this post is purely to report the bug.

Also it wouldn't let me upload an mlg file so I had to change the extension to msq to enable me to upload it.
For some reason I doubt anything will show up on the log though.

Anyway I am 99% sure this is an actual bug rather than anything wrong with the tune so it is probably going to be a thing for 202305.1.
Attachments
(155.34 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
(90.87 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
By jonbill
just to test a little theory - can you go into accessories->air conditioning and enable it, switch the air con compressor output pin to 12, disable air con again and then test whether the engine runs properly?
I'm guessing, but air con is a major new feature in 202305, and pin 11 seems to be the default for air con compressor output which is also inj4 on 0.4 boards. with air con disabled, it shouldn't matter, but worth a test.
By noisymime
This is a confirmed bug with the 202305 release and automatic staging. It has been resolved in master and you can try this now to make sure it resolves your issue, just selected 'master' at the bottom of the SpeedyLoader firmware list.

It will be part of a release coming out shortly.
By Fatman
Awesome! thanks Josh! I have to say I absolutely love your work! Ill give it a go after work and let you know :)
By Fatman
The master worked like a charm! And the car is a bit smoother on acceleration!
Thank you Josh its brilliant :)
By Fatman
I may have been a little bit premature.. I tested the car around town earlier which only really used the primary injectors. I need to get a decent log file of the event but it seems there is an issue when the secondary injectors switch in now. The car bucks like anything when on boost even with the boost controller disconnected. I have one log of the incident but I cant actually see any reason for it. It feels very cruel to the gearbox so I would rather not repeat it! I have put 202207.2 back on which works pretty well for now.

The misbehavior occurs about 20s into the log file and I was watching the the tps reading at the time. all I can say is that my foot definitely wasn't doing that.

Anyway if and when anyone has time it would be awesome if someone could take a look! Thanks :)
Attachments
mlg file renamed to msq so I could upload
(445.9 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
(91.3 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
By noisymime
Thanks for testing, though odd results. I can see you hitting the duty cycle limit in the log, but no obvious issues at the same time.

I'll spin your tune up on the bench tomorrow and see if I can spot anything odd going on.
By Fatman
Thank you! I appreciate it must be a pretty niche problem.

If it would help I could give you a log of 202207.2 running well?
By noisymime
There's some things going on here in the log that I'm not really understanding. I see you've got a secondary fuel table that is mostly 0'd out and that is enabled with a switch. I can also see in the log around the 96s through 103s period that the PW and current VE fall to 0 and I'm guessing that the switch may have been flicked at that time? What I don't get is how the engine continued to run then with no fuel :?:

As for the bench testing, I disabled the secondary table, just so it wasn't interferrng with anything. That said, everything seemed to be working OK. The secondary injectors are off initially (The bug in 202305 had them coming on even when they shouldn't be) and then progressively come in once the duty cycle hits 85%. I'm observing identical behaviour in the primary and secondary PWs between current master firmware and 202207.2, so nothing really obvious that I can see with the jerking.

What I can see is that you've got a very complex setup going on with local Aux inputs. The log shows a number of these (aux10 and aux2) changing their state at the same time as the injector limit is reached (And the staged injectors coming on). This could be entirely coincidental, but I'd strongly suggest turning these off if they're not actually being used.

Finally, your VE table is a little... Odd. You're pulling fuel out as RPM and boost go up, which doesn't seem right at all. If you look in the log at the 21.798 mark, you go from 4009rpm and 143 kPa with a VE value of 106% to 4656rpm, 162kPa but down to 99% VE. This causes the PW to drop nearly 2ms at a time when I would think you want the PW going up.

I've just committed an updated ini file that logs a few more fields. If you're able to grab that (Using the master ini file from SpeedyLoader) and try another log with it loaded into TS, that might assist in seeing what's going on.

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?