For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By Mahmoud
I've been working on my project car bmw e36 with engine m50b25tu turbocharged :twisted:.
I tuned the car with 0.7 bar pressure and everything works well but unfortunately speeduino doesn't have anti-lag system which is very sad :( .
I'm wondering if anyone would help me with reaching this goal of getting the code for the anti-lag :) .
By PSIG
You can use features such as limiting, flat-shift, nitrous or reconfigured Flex Fuel, etc, as variious anti-lag. See videos in threads here for cars using it in races. Understanding all of the functions in Speeduino firmware, and ignoring the labels, may get you much of what you're after. Think creatively. ;) It doesn't have to be labeled "Anti-Lag" to work that way.

If you want specialized Rally anti-lag with lots of specific features, then you'll have to mod the code or wait for others to do that.
By Mahmoud
I got what you mean but what I'm trying to achieve is the rally style anti-lag similar to the one used in megasquirt.
Its really useful in drift and in races, moreover its a real fun :D.
As I've seen that some people have already reached the code for it in speeduino but they've never shared it which is really sad too :?.
By miker
I recall this question being asked a while ago (weeks/ maybe months) and there was a comment (if i remember correctly) that the Megasquirt implementation isn't great. I can't recall why but the view posted then is its not something they'd personally want to develop. Perhaps if you have a search of the forum you could find more information.
By Mahmoud
Thanks for the suggestion.
I'm aware of what "Fera" posted in the forum before about megasquirt's anti-lag, and he suggested the motec anti-lag instead and even made the code for it to speeduino which is really cool.
But unfortunately no one shared a code for it which is upsetting :( , we could be having real fun too if someone shared a code for the anti-lag on speeduino.
By PSIG
One of the issues is that everyone has a different idea of what anti-lag should be or do. I would suggest you post exactly what you expect it to do and the effects you are requiring. This would be very helpful for the coders to get a solid grasp of what users require. This is important as there are different ways to achieve the same or better effects, or to use them across different conditions (drag, rally, auto-x, etc)

One of the worst paths is to attempt duplication of an existing scheme, without fully understanding the goals of the function, relative to the needs of the users. We see a lot of users that say "copy this!", but when it's done, it doesn't do what they really needed, or even thought it would. We have a few features that don't really work or work right because of this. Help the coders to make a better system - not just a copy. 8-)
By Mahmoud
You're so right.
In my country drift cars are mostly common, and people here run after megasquirt and link standalone ecus, so whenever i tell them about how good speeduino could be they ask about the "ALS", however they move on to megasquirt or link in order to get it.
So what I'm asking for here is an "ALS" for drift cars where you let off the gas keep the boost running (cause of the burnt fuel inside the turbo) and when you accelerate again you start from where you stopped.
I know its too much to ask for but if speeduino gets this feature it would be a huge difference for drift cars and for tuners selling speeduino.
Thank you for your time much appreciated. :D
By miker
First of all, let me be clear, I'm not writing this code. Even if someone does write it, it doesn't guarantee it will be included in the main release.

Your description isn't enough to write the code. What if your doing 1000rpm and tickover is 950rpm, does it still activate, what about 8000rpm. What if you've lifted your foot off for 10 seconds, is it still trying to run? What if you blip the throttle?
When it runs what does it do? Bleed air via the idle valve? Inject fuel? How much? Does the afr target still be used or ignored? There are hundreds of questions that need an answer, those are just horses from reading your comment.

Now the other question, why is the Dev going to write this? Devs do this for fun (cause we're a strange bunch) and because they get something out of it. If no Dev wants this you're going to have a hard time to convince them to do it for you. Would you spent 50 or 100 or more hours working on something that doesn't interest you? One option might be to look into the speeduino bounty scheme - however the take up of that doesn't seem very high.
By PSIG
+1 to @miker's example questions, and exactly the info needed (and much more).
Mahmoud wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:46 am So what I'm asking for here is an "ALS" for drift cars where you let off the gas keep the boost running (cause of the burnt fuel inside the turbo) and when you accelerate again you start from where you stopped.
This specific and basic function is available now, in Speeduino. I said this. It is not labeled Anti-Lag. ;) The functions are very flexible, and so they can be used in many ways, not just for anti-lag. This is like having a box of parts, and seeing what you can build from it, and the different ways you could do it. Open your mind, Neo...

Speeduino has many functions that can combine to do many things. Learn about all the functions (including AuxIO) and build your function. If you need something that it can't do, then that's what you ask for. This is so much more powerful than specific functions for only specific things, and those other guys may be jealous they can't do what you can. :lol: Exciting stuff! Have fun! 8-)

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?