Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
the log shows reasonable cranking rpm, no syncloss (once cranking anyway) and reasonable values for injector pw and dwell and advance.
the log also shows your battery looks a little tired - less than 12v when not cranking.
The tune looks reasonable too, although you should turn the closed loop ego correction off while tuning. and tuning will definitely be hard work using a narrow band.

so that said, I think it's the basics: check with a timing light that actual advance matches commanded advance.
check that there really are sparks at the spark plugs.
check the injectors are firing (with a stethoscope or similar)
if that's all correct, check the spark plugs - are they clean? are they wet or dry?
if they're wet, try less fuel enrichment at startup.
if they're dry, try more fuel.
Hello, thank you for responding and doing it so quickly!!
I have several doubts because I don't understand what you mean.
Being new to using tuner studios, you may have these doubts.
so I ask you:
1st "you should disable closed loop ego correction while tuning"
I don't know what you mean about deactivating ego correction, I don't know what it is, could you tell me?
2nd "tuning will definitely be hard work using a narrow band",
I have a broadband probe and I can put it in the car but I would have to see how to connect it to the speeduino board since the connection it takes is the factory wiring and that is the one for the narrowband probe.
3rd "verify with a timing light that the actual advance coincides with the commanded advance." I assume you are referring to a strobe gun and with it check that the marks on the crankshaft pulley match the mark on the engine block and if it matches, the distribution will be ok.
4th "check that the injectors are working (with a stethoscope or similar)" I think it might be worth watching it directly add gasoline since my system is single point (TBI) and I can see how the injector added gasoline while it is started with the old ECU. That may be worth when I put the speeduino on, right?
5º"if everything is correct, check the spark plugs, are they clean? Are they wet or dry?
If they are wet, try less fuel enrichment when starting.
If they are dry, try more fuel."
I don't know if this can help you, but when I try to start the car with the speeduino, it doesn't start; but if I put the original ECU in it, it does start. It is true that after trying to start it with speeduino and not succeeding and putting the original ECU in it, the car has a hard time starting, reaching the point of having to step on the accelerator to the maximum to achieve it and after that it continues to fail a little until it stabilizes. . I think it is because it has been filled with so much gasoline because it has not been able to start with the speeduino.
hello,
I just came from trying the speeduino again, this time with the settings mentioned.
Let me tell you that I have carried out the following tests:
check if there is current in the spark plugs, check if there is gasoline and it enters the engine (with the naked eye looking at the butterfly and the injector in the TBI and check with the strobe gun if it was ready.
The result has been the following:

Yes, we have power in the spark plugs (I only tested one and everything was ok)

Yes, we have gasoline, it reaches the TBI intake butterfly, but here we already have a problem... I was watching while another person started the car and my surprise was that as soon as I activated the starter, it released such an amount of gasoline that even splashed out of the intake throttle!!! Compared to the original ecu, the amount of gasoline it puts in is excessive!! I think that this should be able to be regulated, either by the duration of the injection pulse or by the number of pulses or both.

I checked with the gun if the car was ready and my surprise was (and I don't know if this is normal this way or not) that when I put the gun in and activated the starter, at no time did I see the mark of the pulley align with the mark on the engine block, what's more, at no time did the pulley mark appear. and I don't know why it is.
I can say that with the original ECU, when activating the starter, I can see the pulley signal.

So can someone help me again?
thank you
Attachments
8f2e7da3-04da-4921-8c1e-ac620b2735a2.jpg
8f2e7da3-04da-4921-8c1e-ac620b2735a2.jpg (59.95 KiB) Viewed 323 times
68cec53b-6a10-4f46-9c37-7f9b82bce7a8.jpg
68cec53b-6a10-4f46-9c37-7f9b82bce7a8.jpg (58.49 KiB) Viewed 323 times
Hello PSIG,
The melody is the same as the one that hung up the previous time but with the EGO, modification, the lambda probe correction disabled. This time I couldn't register since I couldn't take my laptop with me.
Tomorrow or the weekend I will try to make a log again, but the symptoms are the same as with the previous log, the only difference is the correction disconnection of the lambda probe and that this time I was in front seeing everything.
Anyway, I am attaching the new melody again with the correction and the previous log in case it is of any use.
Thank you!!
Attachments
(87.18 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
(234.53 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
(192.35 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
I'm guessing here, without spec's for your parts. There are a number of settings you may change, and test for timing. Your voltage was low in a log and spark may be weak or gone at pressure. I do not know what your coils need for dwell, but I would put something in for dwell voltage correction until you can find good numbers, such as:

HEI Stock C or E coil dwell Spdno.jpg
HEI Stock C or E coil dwell Spdno.jpg (50.28 KiB) Viewed 296 times

This is only for testing to prove it is sparking while cranking under pressure. Research the values good for your coils. Same for injectors, which may not be injecting much fuel at low cranking voltages.

Search for threads about first-starts and settings. I could add more, but short on time right now. Try the dwell and post a fresh log when you get one. If necessary, try a little starting fluid to just get a momentary run. Just to prove it can fire. You do not want to do lots of cranking, as the un-burned fuel can wash the oil off the cylinders and cause scoring. Find a way to make it run. Good luck!
lovosal wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:07 pm Yes, we have power in the spark plugs (I only tested one and everything was ok)
Take all of them out and retry, I have a setup with paired injectors, heard the click of them and assume they were working and one was dead, once they are out ask someone to crank the car and you should see sparks on all of them, and fuel mist coming out of spark plug holes
lovosal wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:07 pm Yes, we have gasoline, it reaches the TBI intake butterfly, but here we already have a problem... I was watching while another person started the car and my surprise was that as soon as I activated the starter, it released such an amount of gasoline that even splashed out of the intake throttle!!! Compared to the original ecu, the amount of gasoline it puts in is excessive!! I think that this should be able to be regulated, either by the duration of the injection pulse or by the number of pulses or both.
There are 4 settings you can touch for that

- The injector open time under Settings/Injector settings/minimum time... that's like the minimum time it has to open to start flowing, cb500 2014ish open in 1.5ms... refurbished injector for an old honda j30 took 7ms, you may want to decrease that a bit and keep trying until the amount is adequate

- On top of that basis you will add fuel according to the mapping according to what you define as the max used at Wide Open Throttle and load, you can modify that on Engine Constants > Calculate Required Fuel, try putting a small-er number, and try again

- Make smaller the fuel mapped on the Tunning > VE table and say for the cranking area of rpm, mark the fields and decrease them by 5 and try again

- Startup/Idle > Priming pulse, this is how much fuel is added to the engine on start before cranking to "prime" the engine and have it ready for start, the colder it is, the more fuel you want to add, try setting everything to zero to not add anything.
lovosal wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:07 pm I checked with the gun if the car was ready and my surprise was (and I don't know if this is normal this way or not) that when I put the gun in and activated the starter, at no time did I see the mark of the pulley align with the mark on the engine block, what's more, at no time did the pulley mark appear. and I don't know why it is.
I can say that with the original ECU, when activating the starter, I can see the pulley signal.

So can someone help me again?
thank you
say you have a 36-1 pickup, when you are on top dead center of cylinder 1 depending if you are on rise or fall trigger you want that to align with the first teeth after the missing one.

if when you set your cylinder 1 and that's the one tied to the first spark plug and first injector is at top dead center (that's when the piston is all the way up) you are not on the first teeth then you need to update that on settings > Trigger setup > Trigger angle
If say your engine rotates clockwise (unless is an old honda with accessories belt on the driver side for amurica, that's the case) you count how many teeth from the missing one is the current teeth on the sensor and multiply that by 10 (for the 36 teeth), so if you are in the fourth teeth you should put 40 in the trigger angle degree.

another way is to start pointing the timing gun until it flashes on the mark and see how many degrees off you are and update the value...

and the absolutely worst approach... start adding 10, burn to controller and check again until you reach 360
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?