Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Rednaxs60 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:01 pm Notice the fuel injector voltage correction is varied. The alternator should develop 14.2 VDC at idle (alternator reference voltage). If so, I would change the voltage correction between 12.4 and 15.6 to 100% to start. You can also adjust the table x-axis voltage values to suit your installation.
It refers to this table, if so it has already been corrected. Although I think it would be nice if at lower voltages it added more fuel. I think I could keep it like this for the start.
thank you
Attachments
CapturaAAA.JPG
CapturaAAA.JPG (93.2 KiB) Viewed 475 times
The fuel injector voltage correction table changes the fuel injector pulse width to inject the same amount of fuel for a given engine RPM/load combination. TS has all voltage corrections set at 12 VDC - 100%, no correction. The coil voltage correction table works the same way.

Most vehicles today have an idle voltage of 14.2 VDC. For example, if the normal, electrical system voltage is 14.2 VDC at idle and above, you should use 14.2 VDC as the base voltage for this table. If the electrical system voltage drops to say 12 VDC, the fuel injector will take more time to open and deliver the required fuel. If the electrical system voltage rises to say 15.5 VDC, the fuel injector will take less time to open and deliver the required fuel. In all three cases the amount of fuel to the engine cylinder(s) will be the same. It's a matter of configuring the voltage correction table(s) to your specific application.

If the voltage correction table had the feature where more fuel would be admitted at a lower electrical system voltage, the engine tune would be affected. All your work would be for not. This is why a well, calibrated set of tables is so important.

Another issue regarding electrical system voltage is that the coils, fuel injectors and ECU should be using the same electrical system voltage. If the electrical system voltage is different, it will be more difficult to ensure that these three components are operating well as a "team". Maybe today you have 14.2 VDC at the ECU, but only 13.2 VDC at the fuel injectors and coils, or the coils and fuel injectors are seeing different voltage values. Recommendation is that you have the same voltage reference for these three components.

Aside from this, the Speeduino Project is a great product and the Speeduino ECU is quite good. I would recommend it to anyone who asks. If you get to utilize all the features available, you will have a very good ECU, and well tuned engine. Most of us will never fully utilize the ECU programming, but will get to a good enough for me level.
The answer is yes and no. Initial setup, disable what you are not going to use for initial start and tuning. The engine will operate quite well for a long time without advanced features being enabled. Spend the time tuning the VE and spark tables. The only features I would adjust to in conjunction with these are the coil dwell and spark advance timing, and the fuel injector open time. These features. will enhance the initial engine tune.

From what I have learned on this forum. Disable all non-essential features. Set initial idle, VE and spark table calibrated for a good idle. Road trials, VE Table cell values first, then spark table cell values, repeat as necessary until you have good calibrated VE and spark tables. Once this is done, populate the AFR table based on the data from the VE and spark tables. The calibrated AFR table based on the data from the VE and spark tables is to me, critical - learning a lot. Not having good data to determine good AFR numbers (you're guessing) will negatively affect the engine tune you have spent a lot of time on getting it correct, and will require you to go through another engine tuning phase. Now you can enable the O2 sensor. Some recalibration of the engine tune will/may be required.

Once you have these issues completed to the best of your ability, choose a new feature to enable and integrate it into the engine tune - one at a time. On to the next tuning feature.

As I mentioned, slow and steady will win the race - another learning point.
Hello,
Tomorrow I am going to try to start the car again with the changes made in the VE and Spark tables.
The changes are not very significant, but I have some doubts.
I am attaching some screenshots of the tables so you can give me your opinion.

1º In the VE table, in this case the drop across the entire table is uniform, 5 points.
I don't know if I should lower it a few more points to facilitate starting since, as we talked about, it had excess gasoline.

2º In the spark table, it is somewhat rarer.
In this case I have been reading information on how to do it but what I read did not match what Speeduino gave me when creating it for my car. So I have modified the revolutions so that they are more adjusted to my engine and varying it until I set them this way and after setting the rpm like this, speeduino has recalculated it for me but it has left me with some steps that are too strange (note that I have inserted the numbers of rpms of 2500 and 2800 since the latter (2800) is where my engine has maximum torque and I wanted to have it in the table).
I have marked with red circles what I see as strange; The jumps are "big" and I don't know if that is too bad for the engine. I think it would be very abrupt when passing through that area.
I understand that in the idle part (from 700 rpm to 1500 rpm and up to 30 Kpa) it has to have a lower ignition number for it to be a stable and smooth idle, but like in the other marked areas, I do not Will it be too abrupt when going from this low number to the other one that has the highest number without any more progressive intermediate number?
I await your opinions.
Thank you so much.
Attachments
spark astra G para el foro .JPG
spark astra G para el foro .JPG (205.72 KiB) Viewed 363 times
tabla VE .JPG
tabla VE .JPG (299.5 KiB) Viewed 363 times
I'm trying to start the car, but I'm seeing that when it's stopped and then started, the ve and spark tables show the operation in the upper part of the two tables... that should be like that? Shouldn't you be in the lower part? of the tables in the low revs part? I attach a photo of where they work when they are stopped and when I try to start the car.
I will also tell you that in the attempts I have made the car is making some explosions (so far it has only been one) through the intake manifold next to the throttle body, yes, no fire has come out at any time. Would it be too advanced?
thank you
Attachments
foro.JPG
foro.JPG (345.42 KiB) Viewed 325 times
When you start cranking, the manifold is at atmospheric pressure so you will be in the top left of the tables. As the engine spins faster, it pumps air out of the manifold and the pressure falls.
So set the top left area to what you need for starting. You can really only reach those bits of the table when starting.
Re the back fire: did you already confirm your trigger angle with a timing light?
Hello,
I was with the car a while ago and I went to check what you told me.
The first thing I did was start the car with the original ECU and once started I put the gun in it to check 2 things:
1st that the gun worked (and has worked)
2nd look at the setup of the old ecu (to see more than all my car start, which was already a little depressed, hehehe)
Well, once this was done, I put the speeduino in it and with the help of my mother (the poor thing after all has to continue putting up with me and my hobbies, hahaha I'm already at an age where I'm not young)
Well, when I started to start the car (the car obviously does not start even with speeduino) I put the strobe gun in it and my surprise was that it does not generate any light!! I don't know why this happens, it has been working perfectly before. I don't know if this is because of something about speeduino, if it's because the starter motor has too little speed or I don't know.
So to rule out doubts I have ordered a new pistol that arrives on Thursday. I will have to wait until then.
Anyway, if anyone knows why this could happen or has any idea and can tell me, I would appreciate it.
all the best
blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Working on adding some different wheel definitions[…]

FW 202402 6IGN compile issue

#define BOARD_H "board_avr2560.h&quot[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?