Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By Ilotalo
I tested that closed loop control and should it work like this.

My minimum valve duty is 45%. When my VVT Angle is 1 i have that 45% duty, but if angle goes 0 my duty drops to 0%. Should it stay in minimum duty what is that 45%?
Attachments
setup.jpg
setup.jpg (130.93 KiB) Viewed 4186 times
log.jpg
log.jpg (55.78 KiB) Viewed 4186 times
By Ilotalo
Something like this.
Code: Select all

if ( currentStatus.vvt1Angle <=  configPage10.vvtCLMinAng || currentStatus.vvt1Angle > configPage10.vvtCLMaxAng )
        {
          //currentStatus.vvt1Duty = 0;
          currentStatus.vvt1Duty = configPage10.vvtCLminDuty;
          vvt1_pwm_value = halfPercentage(currentStatus.vvt1Duty, vvt_pwm_max_count);
          BIT_SET(currentStatus.status4, BIT_STATUS4_VVT1_ERROR);
        }
By pazi88
The cam angles in speeduino are ATDC like the crank trigger angle too. So it's bit reversed compared to many other ecus. So ie. If your vvt range is 25 degrees on intake, you need to set the cam angle at 0% duty so that you get 26 degrees at 0% duty and 1 degree st 45% duty. (The PID algorithm on speeduino doesn't work on 0 or negative values, so 1 degree cam angle is least you can do) On exhaust it's usually other way around that 1 degree at min duty. Max angle at max duty. You can't reverse the min/max duty values. There is onstructions on wiki how to set it up.
By HassanRao
pazi88 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:19 pm The cam angles in speeduino are ATDC like the crank trigger angle too. So it's bit reversed compared to many other ecus. So ie. If your vvt range is 25 degrees on intake, you need to set the cam angle at 0% duty so that you get 26 degrees at 0% duty and 1 degree st 45% duty. (The PID algorithm on speeduino doesn't work on 0 or negative values, so 1 degree cam angle is least you can do) On exhaust it's usually other way around that 1 degree at min duty. Max angle at max duty. You can't reverse the min/max duty values. There is onstructions on wiki how to set it up.
I'm working on Honda k24 vtc. At idle lock position of vtc speeduino reads 25 degree angle, which should be zero. Speeduino is reading reversed values irrespective of the loop. 0 degree at speeduino is maximum cam angle at vtc. I tried forcing angle at 0 degree ( according to tunerstudio ) at 1k rpm, the car starts losing revs and dies with intake backfire, means vtc got advanced.
How can i make speeduino read correct degree or something is wrong with my settings?
By dazq
HassanRao wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:35 am
pazi88 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:19 pm The cam angles in speeduino are ATDC like the crank trigger angle too. So it's bit reversed compared to many other ecus. So ie. If your vvt range is 25 degrees on intake, you need to set the cam angle at 0% duty so that you get 26 degrees at 0% duty and 1 degree st 45% duty. (The PID algorithm on speeduino doesn't work on 0 or negative values, so 1 degree cam angle is least you can do) On exhaust it's usually other way around that 1 degree at min duty. Max angle at max duty. You can't reverse the min/max duty values. There is onstructions on wiki how to set it up.
I'm working on Honda k24 vtc. At idle lock position of vtc speeduino reads 25 degree angle, which should be zero. Speeduino is reading reversed values irrespective of the loop. 0 degree at speeduino is maximum cam angle at vtc. I tried forcing angle at 0 degree ( according to tunerstudio ) at 1k rpm, the car starts losing revs and dies with intake backfire, means vtc got advanced.
How can i make speeduino read correct degree or something is wrong with my settings?
I suggest you start your own thread , include as much detail about your setup as you can , also include your current tune file and logs of it running.
By HassanRao
dazq wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:56 pm I suggest you start your own thread , include as much detail about your setup as you can , also include your current tune file and logs of it running.
Sure. I'm going to further look into it. Then I will make a new thread.
By miker
I've been through this with my k20 decoder which i need some help with final testing - its all to do with understanding that you're reporting / measuring crank angle not cam angle. I'll send you a direct message.
NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?