Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Basically using this as a blog - interesting thread here about 996/986 coils:

https://www.motec.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... =53&t=3680

The coils used in my car are part number Beru 0 040 100 021

https://www.motec.com.au/forum/download ... 6978f41040

Hopefully useful for tuning down the road!

As far as the injectors go these are Bosch EV1s. How do people get these characterised? Its fairly easy to swap these out for some known alternatives but in the name of keeping things simple it would be great to retain the OE parts. Having cleaned and tested the existing injectors I was interested to see these are not single point injectors (as the EV1s on my E36 M3 Evo were) but multi point injectors so moving to EV6's wont be much of an improvement anyway.

OE parts are Bosch part number 0280150455.

'Injector Planet' suggests the following:

@3bar/43.5 psi:
169.7g per minute
236cc per minute
12 Ohm resistance

Is that all I need?
By PSIG
Shalmaneser wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:26 pmAs far as the injectors go these are Bosch EV1s. How do people get these characterised?
For initial settings, either by reference (as your info below), or by testing for ohms and 100% flow at your system's pressure. It's only to get the engine started and a rough tune set. After that, you can test the injectors running on the engine for actual values in your system with your pressure and voltages.
Shalmaneser wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:26 pmIts fairly easy to swap these out for some known alternatives but in the name of keeping things simple it would be great to retain the OE parts.
No reason to change injectors, unless you have a reason. :lol:
Shalmaneser wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:26 pmHaving cleaned and tested the existing injectors I was interested to see these are not single point injectors (as the EV1s on my E36 M3 Evo were) but multi point injectors so moving to EV6's wont be much of an improvement anyway.
If they have been tested, then you already have the info on them to get started. :? Testing should also include dead-time opening and closing values, plus voltage corrections.

A common assumption is that different spray patterns are somehow "better". Careful! There are different patterns to solve different airflow dynamics issues, or to reach certain goals, i.e., minimizing wall-wetting or low-speed vaporization. Multi-hole injectors may be a downgrade, depending on how the air flows in your engine, and the injector timing to that airflow. Unless you have data that supports a different pattern, or if in-doubt, using the same pattern that came in your engine is a good bet.
Shalmaneser wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:26 pm@3bar/43.5 psi:
236cc per minute
12 Ohm resistance

Is that all I need?
Yes, and if they are reasonably accurate, to start the engine. If the pressure or voltage is different in your setup, then the numbers will change. However, they are "lab" numbers, and again are only a place to start the engine and begin tuning. Your next important set of numbers are the latency (dead-time) at a specific voltage, and corrections for voltage variation. Those numbers will save you a lot of headaches as you try to tune. ;) Have fun!
HI Guys - is there a list somewhere of the maximum amperage that the programmable outputs can use? I'm looking to get my Variocam wired up and it needs to run two solenoids - can I run this to one output or do I need to use two relays - one for each solenoid but both controlled by the one output?

Thanks
By dazq
Shalmaneser wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:16 am HI Guys - is there a list somewhere of the maximum amperage that the programmable outputs can use? I'm looking to get my Variocam wired up and it needs to run two solenoids - can I run this to one output or do I need to use two relays - one for each solenoid but both controlled by the one output?

Thanks
The output drive capacity is limited by which pins the programmable outputs are set to . Different board designs offer differing rated drivers .
Which output stage were you planning on using?
Shalmaneser wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:50 pm Good question - don't know yet! Presumably pin 38?
Is this on a mega MCU? Or ?

If you are connecting directly to an MCU pin you will need a driver of some kind.
Speedy boards can have low and medium rated outputs fitted, only a few have what could be described as high power outputs. The MCU pins these are connected to vary hugely.
Also on the more practical side of things I've got 3 relays I need to actuate - do most people run these off an ignition switched line? The fuel pump relay will be controlled from the core4. Clearly I'd rather not use an outputs from the speeduino to run these other relays!
Speedy controls the FP as a safety feature. If in an accident, a fuel pipe is ruptured, the engine will stop, and speedy will then stop the fuel pump.

Are the other relays safety related?
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?