For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By DStage
Lucas@AirLift wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:47 pm it works!!! :twisted:
:shock: no way... :mrgreen: nice!

Did you put back C2 and C3? If not could you do this just so I know if the filter set to 150Hz (assuming you have correct resistor values for R9 and R10 now) is ok or not.

I'd still recommend checking how the fail safe behaves - I was thinking about buying this throttle body to check myself and while looking at the photos I noticed it seems to stay open when disabled. This would mean there's no spring? If there's no spring that returns it to closed position then this fail safe may be more harmful as it could stay open instead of closed in case of wiring issue.
In case it's fine I'd also check the margins and if necessary play with R 14/15/16 to adjust them.
I am about done for the day, but I can try to install C2 and C3 monday and see if it works.

As for the throttle body, it does have a return spring. The toyotas of this generation keep the throttle open a few degrees as their failsafe to keep the engine running in case of a failure of the motor or motor driver. The TB will close slightly more, but this neutral open position seems to be right around where the stock ecu like to keep it for a smooth idle. Also I tested the IAC function and it opens my throttle place ~25% at a full 5v... perfect for the throttle kick antilag i plan on implementing in the future :twisted:

here is an page from the service manual showing that the "fail safe angle" is aprox 6*
Screenshot 2022-05-20 150730.png
Screenshot 2022-05-20 150730.png (76.27 KiB) Viewed 7988 times
Looks good. Could something like this work along side a speeduino? would it be as simple as connecting the tps1 output in parallel to speeduino or do you need to follow forward with a tps output either way.
By DStage
pkagiantas wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:41 am https://youtube.com/shorts/zF0KTF5lftk?feature=share

here is an other one im still on the V1.1 with the Caps removed C3 and C2

fiat Doblo throttle body and pedal :mrgreen:
Works like a charm 8-)
GDelooze wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:09 am Looks good. Could something like this work along side a speeduino? would it be as simple as connecting the tps1 output in parallel to speeduino or do you need to follow forward with a tps output either way.
On Speeduino (at least v0.4.3) there's C5 cap at the TPS input. You'd have to try if it doesn't compromise TPS response for ETC and of course calibrate the range in TS. You could also just remove the C5 and perhaps C6 as well from Speeduino board. I have simply used the second output of my gas pedal as it's pretty much the same thing as long as everything works properly.
i actualy used the TP pin on the TPS works fine without removing anything :)

one weak driving the fiat doblo with the board and no issues :) just a bit high idle that wont go lower but thats fine by me :)
By DStage
pkagiantas wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:53 pm just a bit high idle that wont go lower but thats fine by me :)
Try disconnecting the IAC input while the engine is running. If the idle drops it means you can correct PWM from Speeduino. If nothing changes that would mean the "closed" position already leaves too much air.
At this point I would check how it behaves with the throttle unpowered (either disconnecting the motor or one of the gas pedal position wires so fail safes do it for you, do not cut power as you will affect the TPS for Speeduino). If the idle goes down it means you've set the lowest position too high during calibration.
If it does not change it would mean the neutral position of the throttle already gives too much air. It is actually possible to close it more than neutral and you should be able to calibrate it this way if necessary.

I'm glad that overall it works for you and you're happy about it :)
Hey man the controller is in my car and working! But I do have an issue. The fail safe angle on my throttle body, which is also the resting angle, makes my car idle at 2500rpm. If I use a resistor or something to lower the pedal voltage, how can I get the controller to close the plate more without triggering the failsafes?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I modified my 0.43D THT board to output 5v pwm on the idle pin and it works also! So now I just need to figure out how to get the throttle plate to close more and it will be like stock :mrgreen:

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?