New wiki and manual has launched! Check it out at http://wiki.speeduino.com
Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
Hello, I'm looking for the ECU I need for running my CBR1100XX with a turbo. I really like the closed-loop boost control. I'm wanting to take the standard V0.4 and modify it by removing unneccessary injector/ignition drivers. I then want to convert from the ide connector to a Molex style connector, and add a section of board that will house an Arduino nano and mosfets for controlling the lights and such, and maybe headers to a Raspberry Pi for gauges (I want to house all the ECU/ BCM in the gauge cluster). I'm comfortable with depopulating the uneccessary section, and I've done PCB design in FreePCB before, but I'm not seeing a .PRO file that would allow me to edit the layout and traces. Sorry for the basic questions, I'm a mechanical engineer that occasionally lets the smoke out of electrical projects.
Welcome! We have many members that can help with various aspects of your project. My first suggestion is general project planning, and to use an existing system that has the features you need or anticipate. Do it once with reduced challenges of a tested design, test and tweak. I guarantee that when you're done, you will have a list of changes you would do the next time. Cool! Then is the time.

Have fun riding while you make your changes, do your designing or whatever, and when you're done just plug it in and go riding again. Save the first unit for the next project or to help another user get started. Do your thing, and it's all good things.

David
Thanks, I'd like to make some of the simpler adaptations earlier, particularly the connector. I also have wasted spark, so there's no reason to polulate additional drivers. I really just mostly need to know what program I can open the files in for modification. I cloned the GIT, but I'm a bit fuzzy on how to open it all in Easy EDA or KiCad
The-Gingineer wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:15 pm
Thanks, I'd like to make some of the simpler adaptations earlier, particularly the connector. I also have wasted spark, so there's no reason to polulate additional drivers. I really just mostly need to know what program I can open the files in for modification. I cloned the GIT, but I'm a bit fuzzy on how to open it all in Easy EDA or KiCad
The original v04 design files are fritzing, some third party boards were completed with kicad ( as are the newer official boards) and Even a few in eagle
You don't have to remove components for it to work, just don't connect anything to them and it will be fine. So if you don't want ign channels 3 and 4, then don't connect to the pins. :)

Edit
It sounds like you want to have designing your own, but there is also NO2C
No overhang 2 channel. So the same footprint as the mega2560. That may help if you have restricted space.
LPG2CV wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:07 am
You don't have to remove components for it to work, just don't connect anything to them and it will be fine. So if you don't want ign channels 3 and 4, then don't connect to the pins. :)

Edit
It sounds like you want to have fun designing your own, but there is also NO2C
No overhang 2 channel. So the same footprint as the mega2560. That may help if you have restricted space.

I think the main challenge here will be controllin[…]

R1 Thunderace trigger

Apologies for raising this old thread, but those a[…]

This should now allow 6 and 8 cylinder semi-seque[…]

Pin 7 is the mega pin, not the pin on the 40 pin c[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?