Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
jackscr wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:24 am
Black Knight wrote:Road testing and calibration is done now.

I have calibrated the O2 sensor up and down .1 of an afr and can see the shift in tuning from slightly lean to slightly rich. Yes, with one tenth afr change on the calibration table. This has made it much easier to hit AFR target.

The lambda delay set up works great and it is sooooo important to the tune. We can set it with in 20 ms and see the change in tune. Now when we tune I can also look at the VE table 3d and see where I am off with lambda delay. I found that if the table is tuning with little or no odd rich or lean peaks or valleys (this is possible with good O2 calibration) that a low area is an indication of too many ms delay and a high section on the VE is an indication of too small of ms for delay.

So, with the more dead on delay and O2 calibration, auto tune works very well with normal driving.
On the high load area of VE it is now auto tuning to target of 12.5 to 1 and 13.5 to 1 for my NA economy tune. The auto tune hit target AFR close enough. I am happy.

We are now setting up an EGT to verify the afr in combination with the O2. I can also see some of the ign timing faults with EGT. Next bit of fun today. EGT.

Both EGT and O2 will be logging on TS and MLV so I can tune and review from the logged data.

Thanks again for all the help getting here.

Black Knight

Resurrecting this thread,
But some clarification would be nice on how you are setting the delay ? Are you just looking at the high and low spots on the VE map after autotune and adjusting the ms delay?
Very very sorry for not responding sooner. I have not been on the forum for some time now. I have been working on things like voltage correction circuit, knock sensor controller, and tuning technique. All going very well.

You are very close to what I found to work. So good on you. I have made it better and can see as little as 2 to 3 ms of lambda delay now.

I will post the technique to find lambda delay one day when I get more time. I need to create instructions and possible video to share it. It is very easy to do and is accurate. I do several lambda delay calibrations over the tuning stages. Think about this. As your tune gets better the port velocity will also be faster and in turn the lambda delay will be less. I typically need to redo lambda delay 3 to 4 times per tune as I find better fuel afr and better timing.. Takes about 5 to 10 mins on the road and less on a dyno. This is only an issue if you use the auto tune on TS. From this I can get TS auto tune to be accurate as .2 afr and very little hand tuning later.

When the fuel tune is accurate and easy to get, it makes finding best timing much easier also. They are dependent on each other. That is where knock sensor and possibly maf sensor can help. I am work on both for my speedy ecu. Maf for showing air flow and knock for getting timing near best.

All fun and good. All working very well.

So, thanks for reopening this thread. You reminded me to get the lambda delay technique written up and videoed.

Too many cool things going on for me and only one of me.

Thanks

Black knight
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?