Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
martysport wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:31 pm
noisymime wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:37 am
ryan_pajero-io wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:46 am engine can not start up there is no rpm

the problem has been solved
i replaced "decoders.ino" and "decoders.h" in firmware with version 201909. the engine started up as usual.
my engine uses a 60-2 crankshaft trigger wheel and a single tooth camshaft wheel
I have the exact same problem, running spot on this morning I flashed the new firmware and now it won't start (no RPM issue) I'm using a 36-1 wheel and single tooth cam.
As a starting point, if you're running sequential fuel, change it to semi-seq. If you're running sequential ignition, change it to wasted COP.
Do both of those, restart, then see if you get an RPM reading.

As for the cam signal, make sure you've got your jumpers set correctly for the secondary input, then run a composite log.
This 201911 version fixed an issue where the missing tooth decoder + cam would sync up before the cam signal had been seen (if running sequential). If you're not getting any sync with the new version then it could be an issue with your cam signal that is getting hidden by the issue in the earlier firmware
By martysport
Jumpers are correct.

I tried semi and that got an rpm reading. I will look into doing a composite log but I'm not sure how if I'm getting no reading.
I have reverted back to September firmware for now.
By theonewithin
I suspect it may be a case of your sequential setup has never actually worked correctly.

As in no CAM signal being received correctly and the speedy was only getting sync due to a firmware issue and it fell back to semi automatically.

Composite log is i believe in the tooth logger section. Available to those who have a paid version of TS.

Oh and if you have no CAM signal then you will get no RPM but the composite log will show what each input is actually receiving.
By ryan_pajero-io
theonewithin wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:38 am I suspect it may be a case of your sequential setup has never actually worked correctly.

As in no CAM signal being received correctly and the speedy was only getting sync due to a firmware issue and it fell back to semi automatically.

Composite log is i believe in the tooth logger section. Available to those who have a paid version of TS.

Oh and if you have no CAM signal then you will get no RPM but the composite log will show what each input is actually receiving.
I am pretty sure this will not be a hardware issue.
First of all, I am using the original sensor and trigger wheel.
The original car is running sequential injection and waste spark ignition
When I shared the speeduino with the original ECU, I could even switch one of the injectors (controlled by different ECUs) at any time. The engine was very smooth, just like using only one ECU.

Secondly, what you said about SPEEDUINO will change to semi-sequence or semi automatically or something else. I don't think so, because you can know what it is doing through LED working status. That is absolutely sequential.(
Firmware version before 201911)

Third, I am using the registered version TS. The CAM signal can also be clearly seen on the composite log.
By theonewithin
ryan_pajero-io wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:09 am
theonewithin wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:38 am I suspect it may be a case of your sequential setup has never actually worked correctly.

I am pretty sure this will not be a hardware issue.
First of all, I am using the original sensor and trigger wheel.
The original car is running sequential injection and waste spark ignition
When I shared the speeduino with the original ECU, I could even switch one of the injectors (controlled by different ECUs) at any time. The engine was very smooth, just like using only one ECU.

Secondly, what you said about SPEEDUINO will change to semi-sequence or semi automatically or something else. I don't think so, because you can know what it is doing through LED working status. That is absolutely sequential.(
Firmware version before 201911)

Third, I am using the registered version TS. The CAM signal can also be clearly seen on the composite log.
Semi-seq uses all outputs so will look the same as full seq unless your idle speed is low enough that you can see each individual LED flash.

Original sensors don't matter at all. Has nothing to do with anything. The whole turn of injector thing? No idea what you are saying. Doesn't make sense.

But i just made a guess as no one has said what the issue may be and no one has posted their tune and a log so far.
By Broke4speed
Just because something works with the stock ecu and doesn't work well with the aftermarket one you install (and this applies to ALL standalone EFI systems), doesn't mean the software is the issue. The OE hardware is designed to work with the OE ecu, and sometimes getting it to work properly with the aftermarket one requires modification of the stock hardware.
By iLeeeZi
If you run the earlier firmware with sequential injection without cam signal it will still inject sequentially, but it will be untimed so it might sync correctly or 360 crank degrees off with crank signal only. I have been running 6 cylinder sequential without cam signal like that and it works pretty well and it isn't easily noticeable if it has correct or 360 degrees off sync.

It doesn't switch to semi-sequential so ryan_pajero-io might be correct about it firing sequentially earlier but it still is propably the cam signal what causes issues with november firmware, as with november firmware you don't get any sync running sequential if there is problems with the cam signal.

This is all tested with 60-2 missing tooth crank signal so other trigger types might behave differently.
By NickZ
im running full sequential on the new firmware with 60-2 crank + 1 cam on this new firmware and its working fine.
I even tested without cam and it won't sync or fire, so its your cam signal.
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Honda J30 running

Okay, we now need to talk about violence and backg[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?