Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
By PSIG
Kommando wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:53 pm My alternative arrived and matched Jason's photo of his problem one.
If it has a "BEKEN" chip, then the best I can make-out from the sheets here, are that it uses "standard" HC-06 commands, with carriage return and line feed (\r\n) at default 9600. If it is like others, connect the 4 wires as stated before, and it should flash the LED fast (perhaps 5 Hz?), indicating it is open to connection for either programming or Bluetooth. No "KEY", "STATE", or other connection or pin power necessary.

Once it has either connection, the LED will go constant ON, and if it has a connection to Bluetooth it will not program and vice-versa. Commands as per the Wiki and the linked sheet, such as AT+BAUD8 to set 115200 bps. Good luck!

David

[EDIT] Here is a spec sheet for the original CSR BlueCore4 BC417-chipped HC-06 modules I use. If yours is actually programmed to function the same, the info on the last 2 pages describe the programming process:
(48.48 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
By Kommando
All I have done for the moment is to plug it into my Lathe DRO and connected the tablet to it, its stayed connected 2 days so far with no drop outs. I have had 4 HC-06's, on the first 2 after a few months they will first start to drop connections randomly but hours apart before over the next few weeks the connection period dropping, sometimes cured for a day or so until they then will not connect at all. The second 2 HC-06's are currently working but only in service for a few weeks, I was trying the alternative to see if they last longer and give me 2 spares. So currently I have 1 HC-06 on the mill and 1 alternative on the lathe and 1 spare of each, time will tell which is best for permanent on. If I have to reboot to reconnect I lose the current position data, not always critical but that one time it is seems to be when it plays up.
By Jason Green
Kommando wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:49 pm All I have done for the moment is to plug it into my Lathe DRO and connected the tablet to it, its stayed connected 2 days so far with no drop outs. I have had 4 HC-06's, on the first 2 after a few months they will first start to drop connections randomly but hours apart before over the next few weeks the connection period dropping, sometimes cured for a day or so until they then will not connect at all. The second 2 HC-06's are currently working but only in service for a few weeks, I was trying the alternative to see if they last longer and give me 2 spares. So currently I have 1 HC-06 on the mill and 1 alternative on the lathe and 1 spare of each, time will tell which is best for permanent on. If I have to reboot to reconnect I lose the current position data, not always critical but that one time it is seems to be when it plays up.
So have you managed to program the version i purchased as that is just sitting on the shelf now :lol:
By Kommando
No programming needed for my application, it just needs to be a reliable bluetooth transmitter, no need to receive either.
By Jason Green
Kommando wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:49 pm No programming needed for my application, it just needs to be a reliable bluetooth transmitter, no need to receive either.
Ah what’s your application then didn’t realise you where using it for a different purpose ?
By jrbe
Kommando, Do you need FCC / CE / ETC? Have you looked at the Nordic chipsets at all? The Fanstel Nordic chips are cheap, certified, energy efficient, and have decent processing available. There's a bit of a steep learning curve to use them though. Not sure it would make sense for your project or not but something like a BT840E is likely worth taking a look. https://www.fanstel.com/bt840e
I realize a lot of this is all about doing things on the cheap, the Fanstel should fit in both the cheap and reliable category. It's not worth spending hours to save $6 for me.
No idea if anyone has programmed one to emulate a hc-06 yet.

Never mind i see it does not support Mas Air Flow

Auto Transmission Controller

I have read through most of the Wiki. Am I missin[…]

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?