For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By runesm
chaoschris wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:59 pm
runesm wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:45 pm Are the injector drivers capable of 2 injectors per output? And likewise, can the ignition output take 2 coils per output?
Yes, the injector outputs are capable to drive two high-impedance injectors in parallel. Low-impedance injectors will reduce this to one injector per channel. Until now there was no long-term test with low-impedance injectors, so this is also theoretical.

The ignition outputs are capable to serve up to 3A per channel. But this would be only possible if you set the coil signal voltage to 12V. Driving the coils with a 5V output signal the maximal current is limited by the onboard 5 Volt voltage regulator. So please don't try to serve coils with a low impedance towards the ground when ignition setting is set to 5 V. Internal pull-ups with a low impedance inside your coils won't have any effect as long they won't exceed the maximum current to ground. You can check the input impedance towards the ground with a multimeter and then do an approximation of the currents on all ignition channels...
What kind of ignition do you want to drive?
Was thinking of r8 coils or toyota coils
By runesm
Is it board compatible with any of the boards on the list in tunerstudio, or does it run a custom firmware/ini?
By adinx
chaoschris wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:17 pm It is also planned to publish more information how to flash the two devices on the board with the needed software. All the needed things and tools are available on the GitHub. Any small and cheap programming tool for 2 or 3 bucks is suitable for this (USBasp or tinyISP). You can also use an existing Arduino device with the ArduinoISP software on it.
Hi Chris,

First of all, thank you for your effort designing this board and make it available for all of us, but i am still struggling flashing the bootloader and firmware on this board, please kindly let us know how to do it and make this work.

Thank you
By runesm
adinx wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:04 pm
chaoschris wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:17 pm It is also planned to publish more information how to flash the two devices on the board with the needed software. All the needed things and tools are available on the GitHub. Any small and cheap programming tool for 2 or 3 bucks is suitable for this (USBasp or tinyISP). You can also use an existing Arduino device with the ArduinoISP software on it.
Hi Chris,

First of all, thank you for your effort designing this board and make it available for all of us, but i am still struggling flashing the bootloader and firmware on this board, please kindly let us know how to do it and make this work.

Thank you
Me too. I got the bootloader on there with success though. I used an arduino as ISP and with arduino IDE i flashed the bootloader with no issues.
By adinx
runesm wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:21 am
Me too. I got the bootloader on there with success though. I used an arduino as ISP and with arduino IDE i flashed the bootloader with no issues.
same here, i have successfully burn the bootloader with arduino as ISP to both atmega2560 and atmega328p, and then connecting usb cable wire via pin 7,8,16,17 and my computer can detect usb uart bridge but arduino ide cannot detect hardware type, in tuner studio also cannot detect com port, maybe i miss some thing, really appreciate if any one could give some info.

Thanks
By runesm
adinx wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:04 am
runesm wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:21 am
same here, i have successfully burn the bootloader with arduino as ISP to both atmega2560 and atmega328p, and then connecting usb cable wire via pin 7,8,16,17 and my computer can detect usb uart bridge but arduino ide cannot detect hardware type, in tuner studio also cannot detect com port, maybe i miss some thing, really appreciate if any one could give some info.

Thanks
I made progress. One thing to know is, that the board IS NOT powered from the usb solder points on the board, and the d- and d+ are marked in reverse on the silkscreen.

I used the latest arduino IDE 1.x for this.
1: Connect your arduino board to be used as isp, and set arduino IDE with the right settings for that board, upload the example sketch ArduinoISP (from the example folder).

2: Disconnect usb for arduino with isp sketch. Connect blitzbox and arduino with isp with jumperwires. Connect arduino with isp sketch to computer, in arduino IDE select Mega 2560 board. In one of the drop down menu's, select burn bootloader. Wait for succesful finish.

3: Disconnect usb for arduino with isp. Load the modified speeduino sketch from github into arduino IDE. Connect usb to arduino with isp again. In the dropdown menu called "sketch", choose upload using programmer. Wait for finish, takes some minutes.

4: Disconnect usb for arduino with isp. Remove all jumper wires but not gnd and 5v.

5: reconnect arduino with isp to usb. Start tunerstudio. New project. Detect. When it finds the speeduino, remember to used the modified speeduino.ini from the github.

And from here its regular speeduino setup
By chaoschris
>> One thing to know is, that the board IS NOT powered from the usb solder points on the board
this is intentionally by design.

>> the d- and d+ are marked in reverse on the silkscreen
this is what we should correct. Thanks for the hint.

And also thanks for the writeup with the Arduino as a ISP. I have never done this.
We should make a documentation in the Github Wiki with all the ways to do this.

Best regards,
Chris
By runesm
chaoschris wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:29 pm >> One thing to know is, that the board IS NOT powered from the usb solder points on the board
this is intentionally by design.

>> the d- and d+ are marked in reverse on the silkscreen
this is what we should correct. Thanks for the hint.

And also thanks for the writeup with the Arduino as a ISP. I have never done this.
We should make a documentation in the Github Wiki with all the ways to do this.

Best regards,
Chris
Not pointing it out as a mistake, more of a beware for new users. Usually speeduinos are powered on usb and i had just gotten used to it, so my brain took some extra time to figure that out.
By PSIG
I can see a lot of work went into this, and it could be such a popular and useful unit, it really deserves a "mini-Wiki" to collect the relevant info all in one place for easy reference. IMO that's the easiest way to support users and (mostly) avoid endless questions. :lol: As I will be preparing to go through the BlitzBox experience soon, let me know if and how I can help with this effort, for your and user community benefits. 8-)
By Carsten

I made progress. One thing to know is, that the board IS NOT powered from the usb solder points on the board, and the d- and d+ are marked in reverse on the silkscreen.

I used the latest arduino IDE 1.x for this.
1: Connect your arduino board to be used as isp, and set arduino IDE with the right settings for that board, upload the example sketch ArduinoISP (from the example folder).

2: Disconnect usb for arduino with isp sketch. Connect blitzbox and arduino with isp with jumperwires. Connect arduino with isp sketch to computer, in arduino IDE select Mega 2560 board. In one of the drop down menu's, select burn bootloader. Wait for succesful finish.

3: Disconnect usb for arduino with isp. Load the modified speeduino sketch from github into arduino IDE. Connect usb to arduino with isp again. In the dropdown menu called "sketch", choose upload using programmer. Wait for finish, takes some minutes.

4: Disconnect usb for arduino with isp. Remove all jumper wires but not gnd and 5v.

5: reconnect arduino with isp to usb. Start tunerstudio. New project. Detect. When it finds the speeduino, remember to used the modified speeduino.ini from the github.

And from here its regular speeduino setup
Thank you for sharing this. This will really really help a lot to understand the steps for programming.

Collecting this information in a WIKI would be wonderful...

Cheers

Carsten
BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?