For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By PSIG
The MAX99xx has "smart" functions to specifically help with damaged wheels, but be aware those same functions can be easily tricked into other malfunctions, so it is an experiment. If it works, then great! But if not, you will know what to change and why. BTW, some wheels with warp can be more consistently read from the side rather than the edge. The type of damage determines the solutions.
By pazi88
The m50 trigger wheel is so solid and sturdy that I don't really believe that it can be out of round or oval. Unless someone has hit it with really big hammer or the engine has been dropped on the ground with trigger wheel hitting first. The vr-sensor output voltage is directly related to the trigger wheel rotation speed, so varying amplitude could be caused just by uneven engine speed. Cam only has single pulse per 720 degrees so uneven running doesn't really affect it.
By Kalns
Well from what I can physicaly observe, my conclusions are that in car lifetime it must have picked up some small rock or something, that went thrue vr sensor and trigger wheel, vr sensor has a dent in its face .
I turned crank by hand and I was able to see diffrence between sensor and trigger wheel. At tdc mark (where -2 tooth are) its close to 1mm gap, and 180degrees apart its more like 2mm gap. So definately there is something oval.
By looking on pictures on the net, It doesnt seem that its posible to correct its position, other than changing the trigger wheel itself.
I`ll post an update on my problem once I get max9926 conditioneer running..
By Kalns
So i got max9926 conditioneer board, all issues with high rpm are gone.
found out why boostcut was not working - car oem wiring is semi sequential, and i had set it to be sequential, and that is why i could rev it to the moon and back.. was experimenting with engine protection ar low rpm to figure it out. now everything works as it should more or less. need some fine tuning. had good fun boosting stock engine to 170kpa :mrgreen:
By ise1844
Hi pazi,

I'm wondering if its possible to modify this board (specifically in an M60B40 application) to run in a car with an automatic transmission.

I've got a 1994 E34 540i/A that I want to convert over to your board.
Looking at the ETM for an E34, it appears for pre-facelift models it relied on one wire (pin #32) to send a fuel load signal to the Gearbox DME.

The ETM for a 540i shows that it sends pins #26, 84, 85, 86 to the G-DME. Pin 26 is pulse signal which I believe is used anyway so that shouldn't be an issue.

But pins 84-86 are:
84 - CAN Shield
85 - CAN Low
86 - CAN High

Or do you think its better to run a GearControl unit?
By ise1844
pazi88 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:23 am I honestly have no idea what it takes to run the automatics. I don't do crappy slushboxes. You have to do your own study. If you find out it takes some modifications to the board to make those work, I can add those changes in.
I'll do some digging and get back to you!
By rcrpaul
@pazi88 I think you have some basetunes which define the AC IdleUp pin as 13, but on all the schematics I've checked, it's pin 21. You might want to audit those basetunes.

Also, will you be creating a basetune for 202207 ?
By rcrpaul
All connections were good, turns out, for some unknown reason, i had put Q9 the other way around, now everything is fine.

Chalk me up as another victim of Q9--had it backwards because while trying to source parts, I found P2N2222A from OnSemi, which is basically the same part, but with opposite pinout !! This caused the ECU to power on immediately when connected to the car, instead of waiting for ignition. This blew my Q9, so I replaced it with an S8050 that I had on hand, and it works properly.
By ppomoraes
Hey guys, i'm assembling rev 2.3 for m50tu, and on the BOM there is no IC3, but there is IC1, while on the board is the opposite, there is no IC1, and there is an IC3, so i think both should be the same, IC1 on the BOM means IC3 on the PCB, just want to be sure and maybe warn some of you guys
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?