For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By etdesrochers
It just came back in stock I noticed yea. I bought some thanks! But the part is discontinued, would be nice to know a replacement for the future.
By pazi88
Yeah. Buy the correct part from digikey/mouser and it will work correctly. I haven't searched alternatives for a while. But if memory serves me correct, there isn't really good viable options that have better availability than the STP75/62
By Dzeerve
Hello again! even tho i have succesfully used your and other speeduino boards on other projects my own car with rev 2.1 board still gives me a headache. i am fighting with a wot misfire for a looong time, and finally i am getting some clue. today i upgraded to newer firmware and now it allows me to log measured dwell time and no surprise- dwell time drops at the same time when misfire happens. as you can see in this screenshot from my log Image
dwell time drops as low as 1.2ms even tho i am requesting 2ms in my tune. what could be the reason for measured dwell time be way lower than requested?
By NickZ
Are you using a mega2560 MCU? with a 60-2 and either ignition or injection set to 6 cylinder the processor may be getting maxed out at high rpm and not having time to dwell the ignition channels.
By pazi88
NickZ wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:04 pm Are you using a mega2560 MCU? with a 60-2 and either ignition or injection set to 6 cylinder the processor may be getting maxed out at high rpm and not having time to dwell the ignition channels.
There is a lot of setups running that just fine and it's not really a problem. There is even 600-700hp setups running without misfires.
By pazi88
Dzeerve wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:55 pm Hello again! even tho i have succesfully used your and other speeduino boards on other projects my own car with rev 2.1 board still gives me a headache. i am fighting with a wot misfire for a looong time, and finally i am getting some clue. today i upgraded to newer firmware and now it allows me to log measured dwell time and no surprise- dwell time drops at the same time when misfire happens. as you can see in this screenshot from my log
dwell time drops as low as 1.2ms even tho i am requesting 2ms in my tune. what could be the reason for measured dwell time be way lower than requested?
Are you running the 202305 FW? The older ones have some random ign problems on these boards that might cause misfires at higher RPM.
By NickZ
pazi88 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:19 am
NickZ wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:04 pm Are you using a mega2560 MCU? with a 60-2 and either ignition or injection set to 6 cylinder the processor may be getting maxed out at high rpm and not having time to dwell the ignition channels.
There is a lot of setups running that just fine and it's not really a problem. There is even 600-700hp setups running without misfires.
Mega2560 are not all the same, i've had good performing boards and bad performing boards, I have definitely had mega2560 boards that couldn't do the 60-2 trigger at high rpm
By pazi88
NickZ wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:20 am Mega2560 are not all the same, i've had good performing boards and bad performing boards, I have definitely had mega2560 boards that couldn't do the 60-2 trigger at high rpm
You sure? The race condition problem in older FW was totally random and it was sometimes almost unnoticeable and in some cases it caused severe running problems.
By NickZ
pazi88 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:21 am
NickZ wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:20 am Mega2560 are not all the same, i've had good performing boards and bad performing boards, I have definitely had mega2560 boards that couldn't do the 60-2 trigger at high rpm
You sure? The race condition problem in older FW was totally random and it was sometimes almost unnoticeable and in some cases it caused severe running problems.
I referring to the quality of the mega chip on some of the cheap boards, I have had some that have underperformed, not the firmware.

Im not saying every mega2560 is going to have a problem, but the quality of board DOES make a difference.
By iltheo84
Dzeerve wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:55 pm dwell time drops as low as 1.2ms even tho i am requesting 2ms in my tune. what could be the reason for measured dwell time be way lower than requested?
Looks like the very same issue I have my Speeduino install in my Miata.
DIY EFI Core4, stock-ish 1.6L engine, misfiring at WOT upwards of 5000rpm.
I still have no solution.

He's quite prolific with respect to video and elec[…]

I’m thinking it’s the voltage regulato[…]

HAHA Thank you! Ok got it the outer part of the […]

+1, I use old driver versions in my Windows machin[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?