New wiki and manual has launched! Check it out at http://wiki.speeduino.com
Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By PSIG
Will not anyone tell the rest of us what the "ignition issue" is?
:?
David
By Black Knight
This is a great find for me.
LPG2CV has been a great support for me with my issues.

Now I find this thread and it is going in a very similar direction to what I need for some of my tunes.

I am very close to having ign only with minimal sensors. I should say I do have it with one thing left to solve. I want to tune a MAP sensor to replace the TPS. Nullifying the TPS can work but the compromise is too much. Got real close to MAP for TPS yesterday.
I want this because tps is needed for speeduino but not all motors have the option of TPS.

I can now nullify TPS and soon change it to MAP. This has been done before as stated by David so it will work.

All the rest is done and working with a propane carb and a gasoline carb.

If I can help out here with what I am doing that is similar, let me know.

I owe some back.

Black knight
By PSIG
Mr_Hypnotic wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:26 pm
Maybe you could attach a tps to the carb or even the throttle pedal. More information for speedy = better operation. 8-)
^This. Almost any configuration can have a TPS adapted. I have seen motorcycles with TPS on the hand grip, car pedals with TPS pivots, throttle arms with a rod to a TPS, and even a linear potentiometer clamped to a throttle cable. 8-) There are many adapter kits out there for common ones. It doesn't have to be particularly accurate for AE; it just has to consistently change signal when the throttle changes. Get creative!

David
By Black Knight
Mr_Hypnotic wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:26 pm
Maybe you could attach a tps to the carb or even the throttle pedal. More information for speedy = better operation. 8-)

Yes I could set up a TPS I am just trying something different. It may be more effort than it is worth and it may end up just what I want. I got more testing on this today and like the crude beginning results.
Too early to say it is good but I see it could work. Just sharing an idea that may help one day.

Out side of this idea I have a good running ignition only and will be happy to share what I found out if it helps. I have done it with TPS and MAP separate and both together now. All can work well.
It is all fun and I like the learning.

I think you have cool projects. The kind I like working on.

I think these project are more fun because of all the custom fabrication and thinking that is needed.

Would it be possible for you to alter and machine a more modern dizzy to fit you motor or are you trying to keep it looking stock? I like stock look with modern tech when I can.

Black knight
By jamexcb
PSIG wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:02 pm
Will not anyone tell the rest of us what the "ignition issue" is?
:?
David
The ignition issue was just the condenser.
The reason why i think is fun to add a electronic ignition is because parts for the distribuitor are cheap but the distribuitor itself no. So if something breaks i will probably not find a "new " distributor.
Ignition timing LED light

Hi Luke What do you have jumper 1 set to?

Another Honda Build :P

Good day to every one As far as progress none so[…]

I think the main challenge here will be controllin[…]

R1 Thunderace trigger

Apologies for raising this old thread, but those a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?