For discussion of anything related to the Speeduino documentation wiki
is it possible the diffrence is the color?, i have seen some instances with the plugs for these connectors where the digit after the '-' determined the color

Edit:
For instance
16 pin Female connector(non-ecu side for some reason)
'174514-6': gray
'174514-1': white
The -X on TE and AMP Seal connectors is not a revision number, at least on the connectors I used for my project. The -1, -2, etc designate BOTH color and mating. For example, A blue plug will not mate with a black plug due to keying of the shells. I know this from experience :?

See the example below from the ampseal catalog. These are the connectors I used
Attachments
TE connectors.JPG
TE connectors.JPG (63.27 KiB) Viewed 12747 times
By PSIG
Careful examination of the spec's on datasheets can tell you exactly what changes are made with each prefix and suffix change. Some are for color only (yellow plug to yellow receptacle), or as Andre said the keying can change, or it may signify different plating on all or some pins, and so on. It can make connector selections a ... challenge.
:lol:
David
In my experience the Multilock 040/070 connectors are interchangeable. I have worked with many ECUs, TCMs and BCMs with these connectors in blue, yellow, white, grey and green with ECUs from different manufacturers and produced by different suppliers made well as several different TCMs of different makes. I have one set of connectors to mate to the ECUs and then an adapter harness to connect to my test equipment. For me they are a good choice.
Incidentally I'm using Designspark PCB software, they have been very good at creating models when I have needed them (I'm busy/lazy), I just requested a model for the 64-pin Multilock connector and it was done in under 12 hours.,
By dazq
Whilst chasing up matching connectors for the te multi locs on the BMW bcu, light controllers, I discovered that the colour references identified a specific keyway pattern , eg the yellow didn't fit the grey even though they have the same pin number due to subtle key way variations.
I was just looking over the ecu connector page on the wiki and noticed some minor mistakes :)

for the Toyota's the Mr2 one should say '3S-GTE' instead of '3S-GT'
the '4E-FTE GT' one should say '4E-FTE GT Turbo' as thats what the model is called, the starlet GT is just a regular one.
the '2E-FE' one should say '2E-E' as a 2E-FE does not exist and also the 5E-FE and 5E-FHE can be added to that connector type.

Not trying to bash anyone just something I noticed :)
By PSIG
Experion wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:01 pm I was just looking over the ecu connector page on the wiki and noticed some minor mistakes :)

the '4E-FTE GT' one should say '4E-FTE GT Turbo' as thats what the model is called, the starlet GT is just a regular one.
the '2E-FE' one should say '2E-E' as a 2E-FE does not exist and also the 5E-FE and 5E-FHE can be added to that connector type.

Excellent, and this type of info can improve the Wiki. I believe the info posted was direct copy-paste, and if you believe your info to be more correct, I will update the page with your info.
:?:
David
i am 95% sure the information is correct

the 'E' in 3S-GTE means electronic multipoint fuel injection there are no 3sgte's without it.
the 'F' in 2E-FE would mean narrow angle dohc, the 1e, 2e ,2e-e, 2e-te, 2e-telu, 3e 3e-e and 3e-te engines are all sohc 12 valve so the 'F' does not apply :)

Edit:
I should also note that as far as i know only the 2E-E uses the connector thats listed on the wiki so i apologize if i created more confusion :/
By ktop
Experion wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:01 pm I was just looking over the ecu connector page on the wiki and noticed some minor mistakes :)

Hey experion!
I think you are confusing the Starlet GT with the Starlet Gi. The GT is the turbo one, where the Gi is the NA version.
Also the Paseo did had 5E-FE and 5E-FHE motors and different ECUs. The 5EFHE was with better cams and more HP.
As for the 2EE, you are correct the ECU is 2EE.
For example the starlet XLi was with EFI and ECU and was the top at that point (for simple EP81s), whereas the Starlet XL (or other more basic models ) was not EFI and was using carburetor.
The main point is that all 3 have the same ECU plug :P
Experion wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:06 pm i am 95% sure the information is correct

the 'F' in 2E-FE would mean narrow angle dohc, the 1e, 2e ,2e-e, 2e-te, 2e-telu, 3e 3e-e and 3e-te engines are all sohc 12 valve so the 'F' does not apply :)
I agree on that.

David, here is the PDF for the 54 pin Toyota connector:
http://www.te.com/usa-en/product-175448-6.html
and here the 42 pin connector:
http://www.te.com/usa-en/product-175446-6.html

On the Wiki both have the same part number, which is not correct.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?