Anything else whatsoever... Keep it clean though.
Beverage distilleries are shockingly wasteful of water, energy and packing waste so it's understandable that dedicated ethanol fuel distilleries are 'tarred with the same brush' especially by an E.V. proponent. But fuel ethanol hasn't any water in it it's completely anhydrous it's impossible to buy any that's not. I don't think people have ever fought over access to water, Religion, resources or who's in charge, but not water perhaps that comes under resources.
Last edited by Yachtsman on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you only had access to the internet, you could google for answers to the many things to the many things you don't understand. That way you could use facts to justify your positions rather than unfounded beliefs.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016 ... ater-wars/

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/wat ... lict-13842

http://blogs.ei.columbia.edu/2011/03/21 ... resources/

"Corn ethanol consumes 10 to 324 gallons of water per gallon of ethanol (the range is due to different irrigation requirements), gasoline consumes 3.4 to 6.6 gallons"

Photovoltaics + pure EVs don't have this issue.
S
A
S
S

As someone who makes ethanol, and wood gas, and plastif fuel, etc.
There is no extra water needed.

The ethanol from corn should come from the waste,,the husk,,the trash.

Its just down to production methods.

I just hope we can embrace graphene batteries soon, to cut the BS with lead acid, and lithium. Electric all the way lol but until then, make due
infinityedge wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 2:00 am

"Corn ethanol consumes 10 to 324 gallons of water per gallon of ethanol (the range is due to different irrigation requirements), gasoline consumes 3.4 to 6.6 gallons"

Photovoltaics + pure EVs don't have this issue.
SO WHAT Exactly why should the Fuel ethanol industry in Briton even care if American farmers want to grow Corn with irrigation. When you should make ethanol from waste paper or cellulose packing, it's not like you haven't got just as much as us, which I've said many times before. But then if ethanol is made following that method all your arguments are moot
Last edited by Yachtsman on Tue May 30, 2017 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yachtsman wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 10:37 am
SO WHAT Exactly why should the Fuel ethanol industry in Briton even care if American farmers want to grow Corn with irrigation when you should make ethanol from waste paper or cellulose packing it's not like you haven't got just as much as us, which I've said many times before, but then if ethanol is made following the British method all your arguments are moot
I look forward to you posting a link showing published data from a PRODCTION scale waste cellulose ethanol facility.
apollard wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:21 am
Yachtsman wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 10:37 am
SO WHAT Exactly why should the Fuel ethanol industry in Briton even care if American farmers want to grow Corn with irrigation when you should make ethanol from waste paper or cellulose packing it's not like you haven't got just as much as us, which I've said many times before, but then if ethanol is made following the British method all your arguments are moot
I look forward to you posting a link showing published data from a PRODCTION scale waste cellulose ethanol facility.

It's rare that fields of plants are ever irrigated in the UK unless they are in a glass house. There was a company that produced ethanol in Devon, but I don't know what method they used. There was one in Norfolk but that used sugar beet. I'm sorry there's NO history of making ethanol with corn in the UK but that isn't surprising . Corn we call it maize isn't native to the U.K. British Ethanol won't be producing ethanol by any method until my engine is finished.
Last edited by Yachtsman on Tue May 30, 2017 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yachtsman wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:50 pm It's rare that fields of plants are ever irrigated in the UK unless they are in a glass house.
So?

Half of your needed food for humans comes from abroad. You do not have the ability to use farmland for fuel production and thus your growing conditions are moot.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tudy-finds

Why did you move the goalposts anyway? Do you have no answer to the issue posed by apollard?
apollard wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:21 am I look forward to you posting a link showing published data from a PRODCTION scale waste cellulose ethanol facility.
infinityedge wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 pm
Yachtsman wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:50 pm It's rare that fields of plants are ever irrigated in the UK unless they are in a glass house.
So?

Half of your needed food for humans comes from abroad. You do not have the ability to use farmland for fuel production and thus your growing conditions are moot.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tudy-finds

Why did you move the goalposts anyway? Do you have no answer to the issue posed by apollard?
apollard wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 11:21 am I look forward to you posting a link showing published data from a PRODCTION scale waste cellulose ethanol facility.
Most of the food eaten in the UK has been imported for hundreds of years that isn't a surprise. That's why we've got so much packing waste. No one certainly not me is going to advocate using any thing but waste to make fuel
Last edited by Yachtsman on Mon May 29, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yachtsman wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 12:50 pmBritish Ethanol won't be producing ethanol by any method until my engine is finished.
I don't think you grasp that making fuel ethanol in any quantity is many orders of magnitude harder than swapping out some pistons and tuning for E100. The engine work can be done in a long weekend by a competent tech. Incredibly smart engineers have spent decades trying to create a sustainable ethanol production chain and have yet to succeed. You can't get your simple engine project to run, yet handwave away the supply side like it is easy. This is one of the many reasons why the only person that considers you a subject matter expert on ethanol ICEs is yourself.
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?