Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Well yesterday after work I used speedyloader to do another eeprom clear, reflash the newest firmware, redownload the speeduino base tune and then started a fresh project in tunerstudio.
But still no luck my tach and clutch still aren't working and my fuel pump primes indefinitely
Not really sure what to try next, and I'm still not really sure what changed that's causing this issue
jonbill wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:37 pm No proto area :D
So while these bits aren't working, is the engine basically running? Can you share your tune and a log of it running? It sounds like a hardware thing to me, but worth a look.
Yeah it's all mostly working besides these components but they were all working a few days ago, not sure what could have happened hardware wise that could cause all of the pins marked "proto" to stop working

I'm at work right now but will update with an msq and log when I'm home
The board is wired to plug directly into the cars stock harness using a breakout board if that makes any difference
I have already checked the connections and nothing has changed physically in the wiring so I don't think that is the cause
My approach in this situation is to determine if the fault is physical, or in code or settings. In a general sense - I test for if there is any signal being generated at the Mega. I would test the board for Mega outputs that are not reaching output pins.

If there is no output signal on the Mega pins, I remove it and test again. If still no signal, it's either the Mega or a code/settings issue. If there is a signal, it's a PCB issue blocking the signal to the PCB output pins. Now I can focus on the part with the problem.

BTW, your board looks clean, but I can see many dry joints that may have poor or no connection. I am NOT suggesting this is your issue and I would proceed as above, but something to re-visit once your primary issue is solved.
PSIG wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:31 pm My approach in this situation is to determine if the fault is physical, or in code or settings. In a general sense - I test for if there is any signal being generated at the Mega. I would test the board for Mega outputs that are not reaching output pins.

If there is no output signal on the Mega pins, I remove it and test again. If still no signal, it's either the Mega or a code/settings issue. If there is a signal, it's a PCB issue blocking the signal to the PCB output pins. Now I can focus on the part with the problem.

BTW, your board looks clean, but I can see many dry joints that may have poor or no connection. I am NOT suggesting this is your issue and I would proceed as above, but something to re-visit once your primary issue is solved.
Thank you, I plan on going over the whole board after work and rechecking all the wiring and solder points as well as testing outputs.
Really hoping to get this figured out this week so I can actually drive the car on the weekend :lol:
So I'm finally getting around to testing it all again and it helped a little bit
The fuel pump obviously gives an output at the mega and the output wire on the 40 pin when the key is turned to run but it doesn't stop after the 4 second prime duration
firmware/settings issue?

The tachometer pin gives an ohm pulse when tested at the mega but only when I manually set the output pin to #49 in tuner studio and I couldn't get any signal at the output on the 40 pin either way
Hardware issue?

I have determined the clutch switch doesn't have a wire that comes back to the ecu so i'll have to wire a different switch for launch control or tap into the clutch switch wiring

He's quite prolific with respect to video and elec[…]

I’m thinking it’s the voltage regulato[…]

HAHA Thank you! Ok got it the outer part of the […]

+1, I use old driver versions in my Windows machin[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?