Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By bluegizmo83
Just thinking out loud here... I wonder what it would take to get the Speeduino working with the new Arduino Giga R1 instead of the Arduino Mega...

The new Giga R1 keeps the same form factor layout as the Mega, but has two arm Cortex processors (an M7 at 480Mhz and an M4 at 240Mhz), and has built-in Canbus and WiFi. It's IO voltage is 3.3V though, so it would take some level shifting probably.
By pazi88
Sorry that I bring this up with pretty much every new processor board that gets suggested :D

But I have designed this STM32 board that has Arduino mega footprint, level shifters etc. so that it's direct replacement for mega in almost all Speeduino boards: https://github.com/pazi88/STM32_mega
It has CAN, SD-card slot, RTC battery etc. and it all works with current Speeduino master.

That Arduino giga seems interesting, but it can't be used with current Speeduino boards, because of the 3.3v logic. It would need level shifters or new board designs. Also there isn't any level of Speeduino FW support for that currently.
By MaxRothery
Could you use the existing layout of the 0.4 board but either add an additional or change the power feed component to make the board run on 3.3V instead of 5V?

Or would changing the voltage change the specs for other components across the board?

I’m thinking that would it be possible to add an additional power feed circuit which would step the 12+V down to 3.3V just to run the Giga and leave the 5V for the Speeduino board. Would this work or would having the sensor circuits run at 5V be a problem
By dazq
MaxRothery wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:20 am Could you use the existing layout of the 0.4 board but either add an additional or change the power feed component to make the board run on 3.3V instead of 5V?

Or would changing the voltage change the specs for other components across the board?

I’m thinking that would it be possible to add an additional power feed circuit which would step the 12+V down to 3.3V just to run the Giga and leave the 5V for the Speeduino board. Would this work or would having the sensor circuits run at 5V be a problem
The Io lines to the giga need to be max 3v3 levels too so keeping part at 5v is a no go.
There has been a stm32 board designed that runs sensors etc at 3v3 so that can be done . It would be best though to have level shifters for digital and analog io
Auto Transmission Controller

I have read through most of the Wiki. Am I missin[…]

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?