Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By speeduser
Starting a new project. I need to replace my Omex ecu on my 2016 961 Norton Commando because the ecu is locked and the manufacturers refuse to help me unlock it. The bike had been set to run rich at break in and the necessary corrections are long overdue. So I am looking at various speeduino options.
The bike is a bit strange, it is a vertical twin but t he two cylinders are 270 degrees apart, making it a fake V twin! This reflects on the timing of both injection and ignition, so I need some help in selecting the correct board.
The available inputs to the current ecu are two narrow band oxygen sensors, a head temp sensor in place of the clt, a 0to 5V TPS, a VR crank sensor with 36T -2 missing and a hall effect cam sensor. My model does not have a map sensor but I would like to add one, my usual ride can have 400-500 meters elevation change. The idle motor is a 4 wire stepper motor. The ignition coils are "smart" Bosch coils.
The big question is which board can be used? I looked at various speeduinos, also a UA4C and a NO2C, but can all or any of them handle the 270 degree angle? Is there an option for two separate injector and ignition settings or do I have to go to a v8 sequential setup and use only the proper 2 outputs? If the V8 setup has to be used, the ignition ends up with a wasted spark, but how is the injection handled? Also, since the redline can go up to 8500 rpm, would there be enough time available for the injectors in a v8 setup?
By PSIG
speeduser wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:33 amI looked at various speeduinos, also a UA4C and a NO2C, but can all or any of them handle the 270 degree angle? Is there an option for two separate injector and ignition settings …
The firmware (and all boards of 2-channels or greater) can be set for odd-fire. Injection and ignition are based on the angles you enter. Channel 1 angle is always 0°. Channel 2 is degrees to next cylinder firing TDC.

Ignore example settings other than highlighted:
Odd-fire_270.jpg
Odd-fire_270.jpg (90.73 KiB) Viewed 303 times
By PSIG
Sure, although the UA4C and others may have nice cases, different shape, or other features for some benefit and small increased cost. It may be an option for exploring other projects with the added channels. No difference to the firmware or functions, just more outputs. Only mentioning as perspective you may consider while exploring options. Have fun! 8-)

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?