Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
My guess is that with high compression and/or a weak battery, some regular teeth look like unexpected missing teeth and it loses sync.

Good practice would be to include current tune and a datalog each step of the way.
jonbill wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:25 pm My guess is that with high compression and/or a weak battery, some regular teeth look like unexpected missing teeth and it loses sync.

Good practice would be to include current tune and a datalog each step of the way.
The engine is high compression, but I am running it with a fairly large truck battery and it has very good rpm, I register 400 rpm in ts, and it turns without any problem, at the end of the day I load the tune, I am using all the sensors and dumb oem coil, 12.5 ohm oem injectors, today I will do another detailed review and upload photos of the project
also, your VE table is... not very good.
where did you get it from?
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 15.39.49.png
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 15.39.49.png (108.35 KiB) Viewed 160 times
There's no resolution around closed throttle (lowest TPS bin is 20) and all the values are '4'.
I wouldn't think that's going to get enough fuel for it to start.
The point I was making about compression and battery V is this:
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 15.50.55.png
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 15.50.55.png (37.24 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Speeduino determines it's seen a missing tooth when the time to the next tooth is 3x the time between the previous teeth.
The width of the crank teeth in your composite log represents the time between teeth. As you can see from your composite log, you have a LOT of teeth 3x as wide as the narrowest, possibly because the engine slows a lot on compression stroke.
also, possibly because your tooth triggering isn't right.
which VR conditioner are you using for your crank VR signal?
your tune has 'rising' trigger edge for your secondary cam signal - I think this should be 'falling' for a hall sensor.
(and depending on which VR conditioner, you may need to switch from falling to rising for that)
jonbill wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:01 pm The point I was making about compression and battery V is this:
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 15.50.55.png
Speeduino determines it's seen a missing tooth when the time to the next tooth is 3x the time between the previous teeth.
The width of the crank teeth in your composite log represents the time between teeth. As you can see from your composite log, you have a LOT of teeth 3x as wide as the narrowest, possibly because the engine slows a lot on compression stroke.
also, possibly because your tooth triggering isn't right.
which VR conditioner are you using for your crank VR signal?
your tune has 'rising' trigger edge for your secondary cam signal - I think this should be 'falling' for a hall sensor.
(and depending on which VR conditioner, you may need to switch from falling to rising for that)
I already made a new map and I have never stopped having fuel, it has always had injection which in fact I can see why they are independent bodies, with respect to the crank configuration, I already tested and adjusted the configuration, I have full syn at the moment but I lose spark and fill the spark plugs with fuel after so much testing, I have followed all your recommendations, I am also contacting the manufacturer of the motherboard of the base to test it, do not have hardware problems because in fact I turned on the engine for the first time with a 24-2 missing tooth configuration, without knowing that the engine was odd fire, it started with timing problems and I checked everything and I was able to verify that it is odd fire and I prepared to do the whole configuration again, and Now I did it again following your recommendations, I tried the reading edges and I no longer have loss of sync events
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?