For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Chipboy
I have a full file copy of a older ECU that was on a tuned motor, it gives me everything that the 2L variant of my 1.9 litre motor uses. Both engines have similar heads but mine is a wet sleeve 1.9L and the 2L a solid block.

Understanding injector size etc affects things can I use the VE map and adjust most things by 95% as applicable? Combining this with some base map things, is this a valid place to start, or start with a base map and move towards this example I have?

Many thanks.
By PSIG
Agreed, the primary purpose of a base tune is to set applicable control settings for the hardware to function properly and mode (ECM internal calculations)most appropriate for the setup. For tables and multipliers, "close enough" to get it started and running is the primary goal.

Once warmed-up, the tuning begins from idle and working-up, to find the values that this engine needs with this fuel under these conditions. Typically, everything will change to a small or large degree, and what makes every engine tune unique.
By Chipboy
Thank you both as I suspected and David yes I understand the personality each motor has and will treat it as unique in every way. One important thing differentiating it are the camshafts they are now overlapping which is distinctly different.

I suppose this is a suggestion of a target end point to move towards as a suggestion only.
By PSIG
Chipboy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:47 pmI suppose this is a suggestion of a target end point to move towards as a suggestion only.
:lol: All of my suggestions are... suggestions. While some may be very strong to avoid very bad things; you are free to do and act in any way you wish. That is one of the attractions to DIY-style EFI and ignition control... doing your thing. 8-)
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?