For any pieces of hardware directly related to Speeduino (ie Boards, components etc)
By klotzy_550
Anybody have any good recommendations? Most Mosfets (that seem like they would work) that I find are discontinued or need a minimum of 2500 pieces. I figured somebody on here has a good recommendation for such a driver.

-Thanks!
By edc_atl
We use the NCV8403 for some time now without problems. We make a 4-channel injector driver board for the MS crowd that has proven quite useful, durable and inexpensive. It is not our design but it is very cost effective.

Enclosed is a picture of the board and the NCV8403 datasheet.
Attachments
hi-z_inj_drv4_bd_assembled.jpg
hi-z_inj_drv4_bd_assembled.jpg (513.81 KiB) Viewed 5709 times
(167.23 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
By klotzy_550
Thanks for the quick reply!

Could you explain the reason for the resistor on the source? and the purpose of the diode? is it to ensure the voltage remains in a certain range or to prevent unwanted feedback on the digital pin?
By edc_atl
klotzy_550 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply!

Could you explain the reason for the resistor on the source? and the purpose of the diode? is it to ensure the voltage remains in a certain range or to prevent unwanted feedback on the digital pin?
It is a crowbar circuit for transient voltage suppression. Works very well and keeps the other electronics spike free.

Again, it is not our design but it works very very well.
Attachments
injector_driver_NCV8403.png
injector_driver_NCV8403.png (12.85 KiB) Viewed 5694 times
By klotzy_550
Thanks again, that makes more sense now! That is what I was figuring with the diode, never seen that before with the resistor on the source. However, this is exactly what I was looking for!
By PSIG
While not as individually economical (offhand 15-20A at $1.15 ea); would using an IGBT be a lower parts count (no TVSs) and possibly interchangeable with ignition parts for lower cost as well? Just thinking out loud. Dangerous. :shock:

David
By klotzy_550
PSIG wrote:While not as individually economical (offhand 15-20A at $1.15 ea); would using an IGBT be a lower parts count (no TVSs) and possibly interchangeable with ignition parts for lower cost as well? Just thinking out loud. Dangerous. :shock:

David
From the research I did on it, using an IGBT for an injector driver (to increase parts commonality, lower unit price) is not as efficient as using a mosfet to control the lower voltages. http://www.irf.com/technical-info/white ... wisely.pdf provides good information on this.
By klotzy_550
klotzy_550 wrote:Thanks again, that makes more sense now! That is what I was figuring with the diode, never seen that before with the diode on the source. However, this is exactly what I was looking for!
By edc_atl
klotzy_550 wrote:
klotzy_550 wrote:Thanks again, that makes more sense now! That is what I was figuring with the diode, never seen that before with the diode on the source. However, this is exactly what I was looking for!
I can send you a board if you like to play with it.
By klotzy_550
Thanks, I appreciated the offer, but the circuit appears to be pretty straight forward so I would like to incorporate it onto a new revision board right away. From there it should just be a case of denial and error :lol: .

Again, I appreciate the offer!

It's actually a pretty rudimentary unit from what […]

Sorry, i just realized one thing: The 25 degrees […]

Hi y'all, I want to add a new 3-D table for Inj[…]

Yes as mentioned its 114 degrees, most older (rece[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?