Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Greetings!

Disclaimer: There won't be any detailed pictures of the car. Last time I showed something ended up earning heavy money on my 126 related ideas by someone else ;)

Well,
As some of you probably have seen on djvcodec site under this link there is a white Fiat 126p that become a little monster.

It just happens to be my car :)

What you haven't seen, there is lots and lots more custom built mods.

But before we move on to them let me bring up the board some data of stock one:
air-cooled R2
tremendous 24HP & 32Nm
4 speed gearbox
lack of suspension and a lot of bumpsteer in exchange
drum brakes :lol:

I got the engine by accident. It was meant to be scraped while renovation of my school. I literally dug it out from the pile of scrap metal with a plan to make a table out of it. :oops:
When I realised what gem I got immediately decided to save it and try to fire it up.
As it turned out it was in mint state with few minor and one major lacks - it's "cooling housing" was missing.
I managed to fire it up with the distributor taken from VW bug. It idled nicely and all. What is much more important I found a guy who had several citroens that this engine come from. He gave me all required parts to restore it to the factory spec.

I added one and two and crazy idea started to grow in my head. How about to swap it in Polski Fiat 126, what can go wrong! Well... shitload of things actually ;)

Before I put it in the car the carburettor broke due to of membranes dissolve from petrol. It stood ca 20 years dry, so when it got some fuel no wonder it happened. Due to lack of parts to the carburettor (damn you solex) I decided to go EFI. The rest is a history.

The current setup was:
Last working setup of this madness on wheels was:
► 1300cc air-cooled flat four fed by set of ITBs with supercharger in addition and ability to switch the intake to N/A
►highly customised gearbox and whole transmission

►ECUTeen 3.5 revA with plans to update to the latest revision of Krzysztof's project
►custom suspension, steering system, brakes, everything. The last stock element of this car is the rear mirror.

Why I said 'was'? Because now the Fiat looks like that awaiting a spa in body shop. Unfortunately right wheel got bunny hopped that led to break of swingarm reinforcement. It literally got torn of the body due to snap of spot welds it was attached with.

Why I'm writing it so late some may ask. Answer is very simple - because I got stuck with the project.
I have some plans for future mods of this insanity and I need your help because those mods exceeds my knowledge.

One picture as a teaser ;) Image
In deed this is GSA's G13/646 :)
68HP in stock, now a little bit more :)

I used the flywheel from visa (which is basically the same as 2CV) to join this engine with the fiat's gearbox :)

Does anyone know if the CAN is working in current release of speeduino? I didn't manage to run any communication between the Teensy and 'the other end'.
Kubs wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:49 am In deed this is GSA's G13/646 :)
68HP in stock, now a little bit more :)

I used the flywheel from visa (which is basically the same as 2CV) to join this engine with the fiat's gearbox :)

Does anyone know if the CAN is working in current release of speeduino? I didn't manage to run any communication between the Teensy and 'the other end'.
Yes the canbus works with teensy.
The port is 500k 11bit and behaves just like a OBD2 port. It talks STD format that a code reader does, see this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

Don't forget that you need to add a transceiver ( such as sn65h230) to the teensy to connect to bus.
Ecuteen has built-in mentioned transceiver. I fried once the board due to short circuit in one of used sensors (salvaged sensors used without checking - oh well) but sn65hvd230 should be fine. It does not behave suspicious under scope.

Theoretically if I connect H and L to ELM327 could it determine if the transceiver is ok?

Next thing, is there any CAN driver for electric windows from other car that can by adopted to my project? I'm suffering from the amount of wires running through my car :(
Last edited by Kubs on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes that should test ok,
I use a Bluetooth obd dongle connected to my tablet which runs the torque pro app.
I have also tested using a all in one obd diagnostic reader.

What data are you looking for or to use from can?

I have a few of the dvjcodec boards ( teensy and mega 2560)
dazq wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:10 pm Yes that should test ok,
I use a Bluetooth obd dongle connected to my tablet which runs the torque pro app.
I have also tested using a all in one obd diagnostic reader.

What data are you looking for or to use from can?

I have a few of the dvjcodec boards ( teensy and mega 2560)
I want to communicate teensy with raspberry to perform remote startup and engine data logging.

Pi runs open auto pro and custom app which main purpose is to control electric roof and all side windows for the beginning.
Well... I'm apparently doing something wrong with the config in tuner studio.

Hardware layer seems to be OK:
I'm using
►Waveshare RS485/CAN-BUS hat on the PI side
►Waveshare SN65HVD230 CAN Board on the teensy side. CAN_TX tied with CAN_RX and vice versa.
Both board are equipped with 120 ohm resistor.

I did not tie together the ground of teensy and pi together as it is allegedly irrelevant for the bus working - as I found only the transmission speed may vary.

I don't have any other canbus device at hand to check if any transmission to Pi exist. Test with MCP2515 set in loopback mode is passed.

Can you attach some sample config of the CAN devices tab from project properties? There really isn't much info on the speedy manual in this topic.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?