Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By RCP212
LAV1000 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:00 am Mine isn't running yet but test seems to be ok, also an NO2C.
OEM sensor on mine is 3 wire VR sensor, 2 wires are sensor 3th screen.
Can you post a picture of your sensor ?
In tuner studio you can set your toothed wheel to cam speed.
Crank turns 2 times faster then cam, ever 720 (2x360) crank gives a 360 cam rotation.

What type of ignition coils are you using ?
And how did you wire them ?
Are you getting sync losses ?
What happens if you keep spark plugs in but don't fire them.
To check if it is only compression or the spark which causes trouble.
Wil share settings but have to look them up and check.

Where in the world are you located ?
Try mounted vr sensor from small bike
Will try existing cam semsor from ducati its bosch 3 wire pin with pull up resistor. Will use also dumb coil. Now am getting loss sync if using custom vr sensor if i out in sparkplug. Anyway will update in few days
By RCP212
Ok am coming to conclusion that ducati engine not good with speeduino since the cranking speed just about 200rpm and not constantly spining. once on compression stroke the cranking speed become less than 100rpm and make any vr or even hall sensor that i tried have loss sync the log tooth became very mess.

This trial am doing wihout conected the ignition wire but sparkplug In. The tooth reading will be good if sparkplug out. But there is a another trial i will try. For ignition will use other CDI from small bike. The speeduino only for injection job. Or if you have any idea for better result just hit me..here.. :D :?:
By LAV1000
If you make and post a data log when starting.
Then we can see if the battery and or wiring is up to the job for the engine at compression.
How did you wire the 12Vdc to the speeduino ?
By RCP212
Hi.thx for replying.
If the wire or supply 12v problem should be problem as well even i take out sparkplug. But anytime sparkplug in the problem exist. But without sparkplug composite logger shows perfect.

- shileded wire for vr done
- 12v via relay from ign switch all the wiring according to wiring diagram on wiki speedy
- tried 4-1 / 8-1 / 12-1
- tried vr. Hall. Ir sensor

All above effort no effect if sparkplug in..once sparkplug out it will shows normal reading on composite logger. :roll: :roll: :!:
-
By RCP212
One more thing..did also compare the ducati 848 when starting on youtube..with my 848. Is the same sound of cranking speed lets see coming days..will try to put car battery 32amps.. :o :D
By LAV1000
When sparkplug is in, starter needs a lot of current and puls battery voltage down.
That is why I ask to make a data log and see how much the voltage drops.
Starter itself or starter relay can also be a cause of noise especially when they need to work hard.
By RCP212
LAV1000 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:56 pm When sparkplug is in, starter needs a lot of current and puls battery voltage down.
That is why I ask to make a data log and see how much the voltage drops.
Starter itself or starter relay can also be a cause of noise especially when they need to work hard.

test condition
- 12v speeduino supply from battery charger 12.5v no way tobe drop..
- cranking starter motor from batrery 12amp battery just 2month old. starter motor just 32.000km age ducati engine.
- hall sensor . vr sensor. IR sensor done test
- spark plug in.
- 8-1 tooth or 4-1 done test

conclusion. speedy need to adapt with type of L twin high comp ducati hope some depelover read this..😃 the tooth log very mess..🤤

here with sparkplug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h33aJU-8RV4

here without sparkplug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJfa4xEDo6o

I think possible reasons for that would be: 1) loo[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?