Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By ShawnTaylor
Is anyone running VSS and/or ETH (flexfuel) setups without any interferences/spikes ? I am currently running a V0.4.3 setup and I am noticing spikes and all sorts of incoherent readings, i.e ethanol content jumping from 75% to 30% ; similar issue with VSS, jumping from 50Km/h to 400Km/h etc. This is my second build, the previous build was fitted to my fathers Ford Sierra, he was having the same issue too. A friend of ours fitted an LM393 comparator IC and a low pass RC filter to help reduce the issue on my fathers car, but this setup has it's limits as the ETH % fluctuates at higher RPM. On the 0.4.3 board there are no hardware filters for VSS/ETH inputs and from what I've understood from looking at the firmware, there doesn't appear to be any software filtering either.
By stum
Im running a V0.4.4 (sh board) purchased from the speedie store.

I have a Flex fuel sensor and it sits pritty stable, Only time it jumps about is when the tank is getting really low and im putting that down to air bubbles. Rest of the time no noticable change. I have run it from 0% ->70% ethanol.
stum wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:30 am Im running a V0.4.4 (sh board) purchased from the speedie store.

I have a Flex fuel sensor and it sits pritty stable, Only time it jumps about is when the tank is getting really low and im putting that down to air bubbles. Rest of the time no noticable change. I have run it from 0% ->70% ethanol.

Is yours on the feed or return pipe?
By stum
Yes in the return line. Just before the tank.
Lower than the return point in the tank
Power and Earth from the speedie board adapter.
If you turn you fuel pump off is it stable. As it should continue to give a reading with no flow.
And what about pump on, motor not running. Should also be stable...... Those two tests should give you an indication if you are picking up electrical noise from some where, bad connection/sensor...........
happy birthday madam

Today, as we raise our glasses in her honor, let u[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

+1, distributor is being used as crank position, s[…]

Dude, use whatever you think will work best, or wh[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there wa[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?