For any discussion not specifically related to your project
Hi,

with many successful implementations, is there a library online somewhere, where people share their maps and / or tunes? I for instance have a standard MX5 NB VVT engine all wired up to the 0.4.4 board and I am surely not the first to go down this path. I would like some proven maps to start with. Also willing to share mine once done, of course.

Please point me in the right direction,
Cheers,

Hugo
Well, I don't agree with the danger on some points. It should not be more dangerous than the base tune. And I would never just copy a fuel map without tuning, but a proven spark map and VVT map would be nice. Or a copy of those original maps of the engine, if it is standard like mine.

Hugo
The base tune is supplied mainly to setup the tune.

It's to ensure all settings have some sort of value set.

I would also rather Speeduino not turn into what you find in MS groups.

Just endless "can I get a base map for XXX".

Speeduino is all about DIY.

Work through it. Go through the options and settings. Understand what you are working with.

But that's me. I am the type of person who doesn't give answers to questions. I think that is the wrong way to teach or learn.

Give information on how to find your answer is way better.

Allows for the ability to find answers yourself without having to rely on anyone else who may or may not be available to you right when you need them.
HugoW wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:59 pm Well, I don't agree with the danger on some points. It should not be more dangerous than the base tune.
Hey, Hugo - he didn't mention danger, though that can be a part of it it some cases. More often it is time and frustration.
HugoW wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:59 pmAnd I would never just copy a fuel map without tuning, but a proven spark map and VVT map would be nice. Or a copy of those original maps of the engine, if it is standard like mine.
Here's one issue. Ignition timing is dependent on fuel and fueling, and vice-versa. The fuel needs the right spark to give best performance burn, so copying something won't get you where you need to go. Likewise, translating the fuel table from OEM or similar is frustrating, as it fuels differently from Speeduino and will need to be changed. Substantially. VVT is less concerning and more stable, but handled differently by Speeduino and different for various MX-5s. So, what's the issue? Well, since fuel and spark will not apply directly, and you have to tune them no matter what, just skip the copying and translating and start tuning. That's much quicker and far less frustrating. Seriously. BTDT

Now to the other very important point @theonewithin made; and that's settings. Settings are the foundation for your tune, and 90% of new tuners ignore that, hoping they will be "close enough" whatever way they are currently set. Unfortunately that's not true for any case I've seen, and every setting should be examined and set for your specific vehicle and engine setup. There are many settings. Stock MX-5s don't all use the same settings. I can't tell you how many new tuners pull their hair out trying to tune on bad settings. I feel bad for them, as I know exactly what they're dealing with.

Once they take the advice to step back, sit down, and learn their settings, things magically begin to work better. So, I hope you see that settings are critical, and copying or translating stuff from others can just lead to more frustration than it's worth. Just my opinion, but based on hundreds of users. Have fun! (That's the point, right?)

David

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?