For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By hello
I have been working on things over a year or so or less.
Speeduino is a great starting point.

I found out for my engine type and what I was trying to do
the speeduino board wasn't going to get me to where I nneeded to go, but............

It may be hard to calculate but at high rpm trying to get the fi and spark maybe impossible to do with a single mega
If I look into a stock ecu from a 6 cyl I believe there are at least two processors, so a mega and uno(?)

I read alot of pages and alot was true, but one speeduino for all the engines ever made, give me a break!

It might be better for the beginner engine electrical people, like I've seen and advice is given on this page
to start with a single cyl, lawn mower type engine, w/ homemade sensor and use a igniter and mega with carb.

smart cop
I bought a few and after a few false starts and hiccups i decide the spd board was the wrong way to go
what I needed was to test commponents,
use a uno with one output, learn to program it, with the arduino ref, which is the start and complimentart
I found the smart cop causes so much noise it will stop the board.

........................another thing
the mega has six interupts and the uno two,
they are right next to each other, using these causes alot of interference between the two
old ide cable, some had grounds runnin between data lines to prevent cross talk,
separating interupts if you use them w/ a output low ground or no use may be more beneficial.

hope this helps
By PSIG
Interesting. I have never heard anyone claim Speeduino (or any other system) can run any engine ever made. On the other hand, Speeduino has been shown to reasonably do everything it claims to do, when properly applied. There is a difference. Whether it works well enough for you and your application is up to you.

You have described unusual "kinks" that most users do not have. My "hint" would be to study why these issues are occurring, and study ways to correct the issues. That should be much simpler than starting over with a different system, although I do not know what specific issues you are having or what your setup is like — other than the ignition noise, which is easily solved in most all of the cases I've seen.

Do what works for you, but I would not suggest you claim it can't work when many others show it can (for most engines and hardware). ;) I am not beating the drum for Speeduino (I am just a user with no position or financial interest), and it certainly has limitations and occasional bugs, but I am rather trying to be fair from my position as a somewhat experienced user of different systems of different capabilities. I'm not sure if you are trolling, but if you disagree then I welcome you to list your setup with specifics, and describe the specific issues you have in your project with posted tunes and logs. Let's find solutions.

David
By noisymime
hello wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:27 am the speeduino board wasn't going to get me to where I nneeded to go, but............

It may be hard to calculate but at high rpm trying to get the fi and spark maybe impossible to do with a single mega
If I look into a stock ecu from a 6 cyl I believe there are at least two processors, so a mega and uno(?)
What exactly are you trying to do? There are literally hundreds on 6 cyl engines running Speeduino, is there something specific you're needing that it can't do currently?
By ric355
noisymime wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:06 pm
hello wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:27 am the speeduino board wasn't going to get me to where I nneeded to go, but............

What exactly are you trying to do? There are literally hundreds on 6 cyl engines running Speeduino, is there something specific you're needing that it can't do currently?
I wouldn't waste your time. This is the guy that claimed mega 2560 interrupts don't work properly in his first post.
By noisymime
ric355 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:14 pm
noisymime wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:06 pm

I wouldn't waste your time. This is the guy that claimed mega 2560 interrupts don't work properly in his first post.
Ohhhhhhh right, we're back with daughters impressions of the board layout :D

I can't decide if it's bad trolling or (nearly) good AI haha
By hello
your comments are exactly what is needed to make this happen.
keep up good work

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?