Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Maky1980
Hello

I already have my ecu mounted and I am about to test the sensors and actuators before mounting the ecu in the car, I have read practically the entire forum and the guides but I still have some questions that are probably due to translation problems so I hope you can help me and so I can help others.

My first question is that I have found two schemes, one generic and the other more specific for these engines.

1: Image

2: Image

If you look at the second image, the connection to the injectors is made on 2 pins for each injector, for example, injector 1 is connected to pins 1 and 40. In the first image, this is not the case, which raises doubts about how to connect it. .

Is it necessary or better to connect each injector to 2 pin or is it better to connect it only to 1?

Again thank you very much for your help and sorry for going too long but I try to eliminate the translation problems
By PSIG
Maky1980 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:48 am… If you look at the second image, the connection to the injectors is made on 2 pins for each injector, for example, injector 1 is connected to pins 1 and 40. In the first image, this is not the case, which raises doubts about how to connect it. …
@Maky1980 — Your confusion is INJ channels, versus IDC pin wiring. INJ1 is a Speeduino channel to control injectors connected to it. INJ1 is routed through v0.4 pins IDC1 and IDC40, in order to carry more current on the little pins, traces and wires. The injector(s) on INJ1 should connect to both IDC1 and IDC40. Does that help?

David

Example of INJ1 output to IDC pins and injector:
v04_INJ1-IDC-OUT.png
v04_INJ1-IDC-OUT.png (42.15 KiB) Viewed 6466 times
By Maky1980
[/quote]@Maky1980 — Your confusion is INJ channels, versus IDC pin wiring. INJ1 is a Speeduino channel to control injectors connected to it. INJ1 is routed through v0.4 pins IDC1 and IDC40, in order to carry more current on the little pins, traces and wires. The injector(s) on INJ1 should connect to both IDC1 and IDC40. Does that help?

David

Example of INJ1 output to IDC pins and injector:
v04_INJ1-IDC-OUT.png
[/quote]

it is understood. thank you very much for your help
By Maky1980
Hello again! At last I managed to read the rpm. Mount the speeduino ecu to the engine and it starts, but it backfires and does not keep the idle. Does anyone have a configuration that is acceptable for this engine?
By dazq
Agree with the above, set the timing to fixed angle then get a strobe on it to check the offset is set correctly
By PSIG
The sensor Signal wire is connected to the O2 input on your Speeduino board version. The Signal ground is connected to the Speeduino GND terminal you have chosen for all of your sensor grounds. Select settings in TunerStudio for your type of sensor. Connect the heater wires to power that is on only when the engine is running.

4-wire NBO2 sensors are just a standard sensor with 2 extra wires to power the added heater. The heater is added in order to shorten warmup time for good readings, or to maintain sensor temperature at low loads, or if it is placed far from the engine (or a combination of those). Below is the concept of NB sensor wiring, but you will have to search for the wiring colors your brand of sensor uses.

Remember, NBO2 sensors are poor for tuning, and were designed and intended only to provide a reference of stoichiometric fuel ratios for emissions purposes, effectively only signalling if the AFR/Lambda is above or below stoich. Install a WBO2 sensor and controller if you are also tuning engines for modes beyond emissions, such as efficiency, best performance, and economy. Stoich is not powerful or efficient, but is effective to create exhaust gasses for older types of catalytic converters to work best.

David

NBO2_sensor_wiring.jpg
NBO2_sensor_wiring.jpg (59.91 KiB) Viewed 6067 times
4-wire_O2_sensor_wire_colors.jpg
4-wire_O2_sensor_wire_colors.jpg (77.08 KiB) Viewed 6067 times
By Maky1980
Hello

Can someone tell me how to connect and a 2 pin relanti valve (idle)?

To begin with, I don't know what speeduino pin is this:

thanks

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?