Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
I have a 2001 Mercedes-benz SLK 230K that I have converted to turbo via a Garrett GT2971R and have a bunch of questions regarding idle and dealing with the DBW ( drive by wire )throttle. The car has been running decently (occasional boost cutting) with the factory ECU with a stage 2 tune on it. This being said, I'm exhausted of having the reset the car when the ECU pulls fuel when the boost limit is encountered.

To remedy this, I purchased a 0.4.3c kit and assembled, loaded the base tune and am in the process of installing it in the car. It will be running in parallel with the factory ECU, as I'll need it for throttle control.

I understand that Speedy can't control the throttle, but how do I adapt the speedy to the DWB for idle control? The car doesn't incorporate an idle valve as it's electronically performed through the throttle.

Also, like I've said, I'm new to this. The SLK has Beru 3-pin smart coils and Siemens 330cc injectors. How do I put a load on the factory wiring to eliminate a CEL and avoid boost/fuel cut? I believe this car cuts fuel when it hits the boost limit, as my AFR gauge will show a max lean condition when the boost limit (11.5 psi) is met.
With dbw you have three options
1. Keep the OEM ECU and fake sensors,injectors etc just so it runs the dbw.
2. Find a dbw controller and use speedy as is, add a simple Bosch style idle valve.
3.convert to cable throttle using a body sourced from another vehicle, again use speedy and a simple Bosch valve if the chosen body doesn't have one already.
To keep an OEM ECU happy and not throw errors when you disconnect the injectors etc from it , you must replace them with "fake" injectors and sensors. Usually these just need to be some suitable resistors to set the correct loads and input values.
eightrac wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:17 pm So like, measuring static resistance of the coils and injectors and wiring a resistor to ground from each channel in the resistance measured?
No not exactly !
For example
A injector is typically 14ohm, so unplug the injector, and plug in a 14ohm ,15w resistor in its place.
And so on.
Obviously the above resistance was a typical one you need to check your actual injectors .
Connect the "substitute" sensors etc wired exactly as the real thing was.
Ensure you use a suitable rated (wattage) resistor for power devices so they don't burn up.
dazq wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:31 pm
eightrac wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:17 pm So like, measuring static resistance of the coils and injectors and wiring a resistor to ground from each channel in the resistance measured?
No not exactly !
For example
A injector is typically 14ohm, so unplug the injector, and plug in a 14ohm ,15w resistor in its place.
And so on.
Obviously the above resistance was a typical one you need to check your actual injectors .
Connect the "substitute" sensors etc wired exactly as the real thing was.
Ensure you use a suitable rated (wattage) resistor for power devices so they don't burn up.
Couldn't I just splice (soldering of course) the Speeduino leads into the signal wires of all the sensors and then sever the wiring to the coils, install the appropriate resistors to the coil/fuel injector wiring of the factory ecu and then connect the Speeduino separately to the coils/injectors?
You can share sensors. (If you know stock ECU bias resistor).

What you are saying is exactly the same as what has been suggested.

Also. Soldering is not the ideal method.

Just depin the injectors from stock ECU loom. Put them in another plug. Put a resistor in the place of wire at stock ECU.

Don't need to modify existing loom much at all. No solder needed.
In cases like this i have always done parallel installations. I share all sensors between speeduino and the factory ECU. I allow stock ECU to handle DBW and idle control and just tap into TPS signal.

As for injector and coils, all of the cars I have done have worked fine with factory ECU disconnected from Injectors/coils and Speeduino taking over. No resistors needed. Not sure how the Benz will behave though

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?