For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
joey120373 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:02 pm I could post them here I suppose, if there is interest.
However the schematic is available from 14point7.
I substituted comparable SMD components but the schem is the same.

I may build a few more of these, but honestly I think it would be better and simpler for most to just buy the $35 OEM version from 14point7. Having to buy a programmer to load the code would be a sticking point for most people I think.

As I have done in the past on this board - I would be willing to re-spin that board using 1206 SMD parts and run a batch in China.

If you could supply me around 10 programmed parts I would install them onto boards and supply at least 5-6 to anyone on this board at no charge... who can make use of them willing to finish off the assembly.

We give one or two to Josh for his awesome efforts and one day Mrs. Karma does us a solid...

Plazomat
As I have done in the past on this board - I would be willing to re-spin that board using 1206 SMD parts and run a batch in China.

If you could supply me around 10 programmed parts I would install them onto boards and supply at least 5-6 to anyone on this board at no charge... who can make use of them willing to finish off the assembly.

We give one or two to Josh for his awesome efforts and one day Mrs. Karma does us a solid...

Plazomat
Plazomat, that is a very generous offer, however i think 1206 sized components would make the board a lot larger than it has to be. 0805 might be a better size, the current design uses 0603 and those can be a bit tricky, though i find them relatively easy with a bit of practice.

There are so few components on this board i doubt farming the assembly out to a third party, even one in China, is worth the effort. Its a double sided board, and that's going to cost more. I think one could do a small, toaster oven friendly sized board, with say 80 per board, and crank out a few hundred or more of them in an afternoon.
As is, its designed to be a stand alone unit, that is it has a 5v regulator on board. To use it as a daughter card on an ECM PCB, i think it would be better to add a pin for an external 5 volt supply.
joey120373 wrote:

There are so few components on this board i doubt farming the assembly out to a third party, even one in China, is worth the effort. Its a double sided board, and that's going to cost more. I think one could do a small, toaster oven friendly sized board, with say 80 per board, and crank out a few hundred or more of them in an afternoon.
As is, its designed to be a stand alone unit, that is it has a 5v regulator on board. To use it as a daughter card on an ECM PCB, i think it would be better to add a pin for an external 5 volt supply.
I meant running the blank PCBs in China and DIY assembly of everything but the programmed IC.

I find 1206 the right balance of SMD and hand solder-ability for my old eyes and hands....but 0805 - 0603 no real difference in effort on the PCB respin..I agree a header connector for power and signal would be best for interfacing to ECM.

If someone is willing to partner up and supply some programmed IC - I would handle the re-spin and supply some samples around this community.

Plaz
@plazomat
Not sure if there is still interest in this topic. I bought a PSOC programmer recently and want to put it to good use.
I have no idea where you are located, so I could not figure out if shipping programmed ships your way was anywhere economical.

Let me know :)

Maik from Germany
Sunglasses wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:25 pm @plazomat
Not sure if there is still interest in this topic. I bought a PSOC programmer recently and want to put it to good use.
I have no idea where you are located, so I could not figure out if shipping programmed ships your way was anywhere economical.

Let me know :)

Maik from Germany
I actually have 5 blanks of that design that I popped on a panel when I had some space - I am in Canada. I would still be interested in populating my boards and giving them out around here..

Plaz
plazomat wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:52 am I actually have 5 blanks of that design that I popped on a panel when I had some space - I am in Canada. I would still be interested in populating my boards and giving them out around here..

Plaz
Shipping things across the Atlantic has become a bit complicated lately due to corona crisis. I just checked: Shipping for parcels to Canada only via sea freight :shock: .

It looks like the ICs would be shipped to me from the US, then I would ship them to Canada ... Crossing Atlantic twice only to have them programmed does not sound very reasonable. And it would take weeks :?

Maik
[/quote]

Shipping things across the Atlantic has become a bit complicated lately due to corona crisis. I just checked: Shipping for parcels to Canada only via sea freight :shock: .

It looks like the ICs would be shipped to me from the US, then I would ship them to Canada ... Crossing Atlantic twice only to have them programmed does not sound very reasonable. And it would take weeks :?

Maik
[/quote]

I wonder if ebay or china direct is a better option to get a small lot of these parts?

I can stick a board blank in the mail if you like for you to try out. I will have to improve the documentation as there is none right now.

Also please be warned that its completely untested at the moment, and board size is not small 1.3" X 1.8" -using 1206 parts - never saw the need for tiny hard to assemble board - car is big with lots of room under dash.

Just PM me an address and I will mail you a board - if I get some time I will populate all but the PSOC as I do not have any at the moment.

Plazomat
Yes please I would love one, but I Iive a long way away! Which would disqualify ,me. Having said that I would happily cover the costs for this. I have a wideband and will be getting a few motronic speeduino boards shortly.
Chipboy wrote:Yes please I would love one, but I Iive a long way away! Which would disqualify ,me. Having said that I would happily cover the costs for this. I have a wideband and will be getting a few motronic speeduino boards shortly.
Okay, great. But you want a complete PCB, not only the IC, right?

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?