For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Yukon101
I downloaded what I thought was the latest one from Github. Looking at it, it was the BOM from board version 1.4. Listed as BOM V0.4.3 but I see now that the BOM under version 2.0 is different now?

Should I be worried about component placement now?
By exvils
I am wiring up hall effect camshaft sensor on M44b19 (for pazi88 1.4ver board) and i dont know where to put 12v cam.
I've put cam pin 2 (signal i guess) on pin17(motronic) and gnd (56 on motronic) is shared with cam/crank sensors but i dont see 12V output to feed sensor on PDF Schematic

TLDR:
prob. '97 e36 compact with m44b19, crank VR sensor on flywheel, cam Hall sensor, iat is build in MAF(pins 1 and 2), sequential injection/spark wired to connector from factory. Only pins that were shared between this engine and M40/42/43 and prob. other m44 was Idle (3pins), injection(4pins), 6 gnd, 27 dme, 28gnd, 56gnd and maybe one more pin..
If someone recognize this different pinnout i still need help to find RPM out to gauges and maybe DISA (which will get deleted anyway) also iat calibration would be helpfull (as it reads like 3k ohm at 20°C if i remember correctly, which shows on m50 calibration as -11°C)
By pazi88
Yukon101 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:49 pm I downloaded what I thought was the latest one from Github. Looking at it, it was the BOM from board version 1.4. Listed as BOM V0.4.3 but I see now that the BOM under version 2.0 is different now?

Should I be worried about component placement now?
Yes BOM is different depending on the PCB revision you have.
By Rocket
pazi88 wrote:
Rocket wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:13 am Hi, does it work with m43? I need to check circuits, but ecu looks very similar to m42.
Yes works on m43 too. Only m44 is bit different and only some of the pins match in that. It's doable with jumper wires, but not easy.
This is great, I will put on my current daily with m43b16, to test some things.
By exvils
here is for ya'll m44b19 guys - complete pinnout from bmw for all e36 engines http://www.m42club.com/forum/index.php?topic=14475.0
Also pazzi, can you upload separate tune on github for m4x engines? because when changing on sequential and 4cyl with M50 tune to get m42/44 started, injection on cyl No.4 wont work, as D11 arduino output is selected for Vanos (even when vanos is dissabled) it causes inj out not to trigger.
By pazi88
exvils wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:49 pm here is for ya'll m44b19 guys - complete pinnout from bmw for all e36 engines http://www.m42club.com/forum/index.php?topic=14475.0
Also pazzi, can you upload separate tune on github for m4x engines? because when changing on sequential and 4cyl with M50 tune to get m42/44 started, injection on cyl No.4 wont work, as D11 arduino output is selected for Vanos (even when vanos is dissabled) it causes inj out not to trigger.
Yes feel free to do PR about that. Haven't had chance to work on m4x engines myself, so that's why there isn't base tune for those. Also make sure that you use v.0.4 board in TS for rev1.x PCBs and BMW PnP board for rev 2.x PCBs.
By NickZ
I do have a good fully working tune for the M43 as i have one as a daily, its setup for sequential. It is for one of my boards so the PIN configuration isn't the same, but tune is "almost" spot on (BUT NO guarantee. It could blow up your engine) :o .

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?