For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
Hi all i tried cranking the engine using the chery hall sensor gs100502 and im geting no input the sensor is powerd by 5v and it has 1komh resistor wired in the board then i checked if i was geting power in the harness conector an it was 5.15v on pin 2 grounding it to the frame then i thought speeduino is not grounding the signal and gone trough the bom and instructions again and found that in order to get hall sensor to work i had to solder 1komh to r39 witch is the actual pull up for the sensor in adition to that r59 and r60 needs to be added to get the signal to speedy and then i noticed it i have the r59 witch is also 1komh resistor but NOT R60 i checked in bom and it dosent say anything about R60 nothing just that i need to add it.
AND one more thing if vr conditioner is not used i need to jumper 2/3 in JP31 witch is not even present on the board WTF

ITS A BLACK PCB REV 1.2
Attachments
kita cvjeca.jpg
kita cvjeca.jpg (4.42 MiB) Viewed 3635 times
kurac 3.jpg
kurac 3.jpg (4.02 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
kurac 2.jpg
kurac 2.jpg (6.15 MiB) Viewed 3639 times
JP31 is only on newer revisions.

You need to have R39 and R59 installed for hall sensor without VR-conditioner. Power the sensor using JP24 set to 5v. Ecu pin 68 will provide +5 to the sensor and ecu pin 67 will be crank signal input.

The pin 67 should connect to pin 1 in Crank sensor connector, so you need to connect the black wire from cherry to that. Pin 68 should connect to pin2 in crank sensor connector and connect the brown cherry wire to it. And pin3 should be ground and blue wire in cherry connects to that.

But this is all based on wiring diagrams. Check everything with multimeter that connections are right. I know that at least the wire colors are wrong in BMW wiring diagram so there could be other differences too.
Well no luck so far the pinouts on the conector are correct even tried grounding the blue wire from the sensor directly to speeduino the only thing i noticed i have both my vr1- vr2+ pins 68/67 reading 5v when grounding to gnd at the vr conditioner area dosent make any sense.

JP 24 sends 5v to pin 68 and pin 67 will be vr2+ passing a 0-5v square wave trough two 1komh resistor witch is r39 and 59 to get the signal to speduino i dont know why my vr2+ is showing 5v it should be reciving being neutral at 0v then geting a breif 5v signal when it senses a tooth.

Maybe i shorted or damaged some part but it dosent seem visible on the board solder points im going to try the VR conditioner board and will be removing r39/r59 and switching jp24 from 5v to 12v and hope to get rpm signal from the original VR sensor tried and tested way.

Other than that the board works fine MAP is 99kpa temp sensors good and level TPS calibration good i hear the main relay pump relay switching and the IAC opening or closing all the way and she cranks but no RPM signal only thing to do is wait and troubleshoot :?
Attachments
schema.jpg
schema.jpg (278.79 KiB) Viewed 3513 times
schema.jpg
schema.jpg (278.79 KiB) Viewed 3513 times
If the fuel pump goes on when you crank but you don't see rpm, it means that you got crank signal, but either your injection or ignition is set to sequential, so you don't see RPM.

Go through all the settings that those are correct. Preferably load the base tune again. Use the rev1.x one for 202002. With unregistered TS you might face really strange problems like TS showing one setting and speeduino having another one. So with unregistered TS you might need to change all engine type related settings to other value. Burn changes and then back to correct ones and burn again.

Also the 5v on both 67 and 68 pins is right. Pull up r59 pulls the signal voltage to 5v and it drops to 0v only when tooth passes by. It's super easy to check with multimeter if the crank signal goes to arduino just by having friend slowly rotate engine while you check with multimeter that arduino pin D19 goes between 0 and 5v.

Also do not set jp23 and/or jp24 when using vr-conditioner! Those are only to power hall sensors! Using those will fry vr-conditioner.
Well i tried doing this off the car since it needs only 5v i connected to TS and made an new project loaded the ver 1.x base map and went trough the settings i enabled the hardware test and tested the ignition and all 3 output chanel leds are working.
For the injection i think it needs 12v so no working leds.

Then i conected the chery sensor vr1-/vr2 directly to the conector pins the blue ground wire grounded to board GND on my mistakenly placed molex conector.

With all setup i tested the voltage between cpu/arduino pin 19 and board ground without metal proximity and it read 5v witch is good.

Then i tested the voltage with a 5mm metal plate literaly touching the sensor and it was reading 2.529v so i think here is the problem with this sesnor type it dosent go to 0v so the Arduino dosent read it like a signal i ordered a vr conditioner board and some female pins and will be trying that way.

One more thing do stock bmw vr sensors need a pullup resistor on the conditioner board

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?