Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Stroker
Hi All,
Just about to embark on wiring the Speedy into the Sierra 2.8 v6 and just want to check on a few things before I start.
I was planning on using the original fuel relay that runs the fuel pump for the K-Jet. Is there any real reasons
as to not using the original relay instead of rewiring the pump relay to be controlled by the Speedy?
The original relay has a built in safety circuit that when the ignition is turned on, the fuel fuel will run for approx 5-6 seconds and if it doesn't detect a ignition signal from the coil will shut down. The relay is a LUCAS FDB502.
I was hoping that if I run a wire from the #2 pin on the TFI module direct to the coil and leave the rest of the original wiring to the coil. This should be enough to signal the fuel pump relay to stay on, plus save on rewiring tach as well. I'm just trying to keep the wiring as simple as possible.

The plan is to use the TFI distributor and have been following this thread with interest viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1555. From is, does this mean I would be better to go to the May firmware(currently have the June firmware loaded) to avoid any potential problems?
Cheers Brett
By Stroker
Due to coronavirus complete lock down I finally have some time to start on my Speedy conversion.
The plan is to get the Speedy installed but to initially just to run ignition only with the Ford TFI distributor.
Hopefully I have everything I need to get ignition only up and running, as getting parts during the lock down will be very difficult.
Looking through the wiki I can't seem to find any info in regards to the Ford TFI. I'm sure there used to be a bit of info on it on the old wiki.
I have found this
I have the Black TFI module so not sure how they differ?
Do I still need a reverse diode? If so, how do I wire it in?
Cheers and stay safe.
By martysport
Why use the dizzy and TFi? Would be easy to fit a 36-1 wheel on the crank pulley and use either a coilpack or COP's :)

Glad to see you made it here :D
By Stroker
Hi Marty, I will be going to a 36-1 and use the Speedy for fueling in the future when our virus lock down is lifted. Just want to use the TFI for testing purposes as I already have it.
I was mainly wanting to test if my plan to use the original Sierra fuel pump relay and tacho would work. I'm hoping that it just requires a ignition signal which I was going to feed from the TFI back into the original wiring from the negative side of the coil.
Did you rewire your fuel relay on your Sierra Marty or use the original Sierra relay circuit?
By martysport
I used the ford setup but being efi that might be different to yours if it's mfi.
If the mfi sierra is anything like the old XR3i then you will have one of those relays that works off the rev counter?
Speeduino has a tach output, that "should" work the rev counter and therefore fuel pump. That way you don't need to connect to the tfi module.
By Stroker
martysport wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:12 pm I used the ford setup but being efi that might be different to yours if it's mfi.
If the mfi sierra is anything like the old XR3i then you will have one of those relays that works off the rev counter?
Speeduino has a tach output, that "should" work the rev counter and therefore fuel pump. That way you don't need to connect to the tfi module.
Yes it sounds similar to the old XR3, needs a rpm signal for the fuel pump relay and rev counter to work. So you think the tacho output on the Speeduino should be enough to trigger the fuel pump relay? This is what I was going to test with the TFI setup. I was hoping to be using the TFI just for testing purposes while I have the time due to virus constraints.
When things get back to normal I will get a trigger wheel fitted to the crank pulley and run wasted spark. I will then also be able to get the parts to get the fuel side working as well. But at this stage I'm trying to get all the wiring sorted. :D
By martysport
What board have you got? Or getting? You can increase or decrease the intensity of the RPM pulse with different resistor values.
I'm pretty certain it will work with little trouble.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?