Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Pete Ledwidge
Firstly, Hello All, I'm Pete from Coventry, UK. Been chatting with a few of you already here on the forum, and over on Slack. Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm a self employed mobile mechanic, for my sins. I have a business to run, a missus, a 17 month old daughter, 3 cats & a slight lack of sanity.

5 days ago I had virtually NO electronics experience, and I still have most of that left.

There are some very highly clued up individuals within these pages, I am not one of them at present. I'm more of a leech, drawing info from those with much better skills. Thanks for all the help so far!

Onto the project; as above she's a 1991 Mk2 Golf GTi. Originally a 1.8 8v Digifant II Injected model, Currently sporting a 2.0 AGG block from a Mk3 Golf, original 8v cylinder head reworked by myself, TSR fast road cam, 16v gearbox (better ratios), full stainless exhaust and a number of other modifications that escape my memory, I've owned her for knocking on 20 years!

Speeduino wise, I've built up my 0.4.3c board and am about to go to bench testing. Further info about my crackpot plans are in the getting started section, under "Mk2 Golf 2.0L AGG..."

I'll post up some pictures of the old girl when I get 5 mins, and you can follow all of my mistakes both here and over on youtube, Pete Ledwidge, where I'll be catching more of my mistakes in video form.

If nothing else, you can have a laugh at my idiotic attempts... and we might just learn a few things along the way, stranger things have happened!

Until then, thanks for reading if you got this far, and if I can be of any help (doubtful) I'll do my best to assist.

Cheers.

Pete_VW
By Pete Ledwidge
Progress update:

I've now bench tested all of the input signals to the speedy, and fixed a few problems that the bench testing identified. I'm SO glad I did not skip the bench testing, as now going into phase 2 (installation) I know for a fact that at least the board is sound, and any future problems will most likely be either wiring, sensor / part, or TS configuration related. This is great peace of mind taking the project forward.

Cheers,
Pete.
By Wesmo
I realise this post is a year old but....did you ever complete this? I'm running a 2.0 8v MK2 Scirocco so very similar to this. What have you done regarding the ignition? Still using the distributor?
By sowts369
Wesmo wrote:I realise this post is a year old but....did you ever complete this? I'm running a 2.0 8v MK2 Scirocco so very similar to this. What have you done regarding the ignition? Still using the distributor?
Bit of a Hijack here, if you look at my build with a 2.0 ABF engine i used a mk4 golf/polo wasted COP setup. You can use the standard TCH unit and coil if you desire instead :)

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?