Anything not specifically related to the Speeduino hardware. Eg sensors, bluetooth, displays etc
As ric355 says Its the number of write cyles that is limited, ie the number of write/erase cycles, however, its the erase operation that wears the memory. A common technique is to allocate a block of memory to one parameter and then continually increment the write addrress, erasing the block only when its full. You can either maintain a pointer to the address, which requires its own management or simply reset a volatile pointer on each start up by reading backwards through the memory to find the first non-blank address, erased addresses contain FFh.
You will need a recovery method in the event of a power down mid-write/erase.
JHolland wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:46 am You will need a recovery method in the event of a power down mid-write/erase.
I've seen that handled by maintaining power until the routine is complete. With a power-on input, the board functions normally. When the power-input goes low (key-off) the system stops looping the routine and delays long enough for the routine to finish on keep-alive power (KP or KAP); or maintains the switched-power relay energized until the routine signals it's done, then de-energizes the relay for power-down. I'm sure there are other creative ways to avoid corruption from power-off during the routine, and my curiosity would be interested to hear more of them. :)

David

Hi guys, I've finally had enough of the obscenely[…]

It's actually a pretty rudimentary unit from what […]

Sorry, i just realized one thing: The 25 degrees […]

Hi y'all, I want to add a new 3-D table for Inj[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?