Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Tal_S24
Hey guys,
Im running Speeduino on 3 different cars - all are purpose built track cars. One is a 1JZ E36, and two are 1.6 16V Peugeots.
Im having trouble tuning the idle AFR because the VE values I seem to get are extremly low - 6 on the 1JZ, and around 20 on the peugeots.
On the 1JZ, 6 VE is 11.8AFR and 5 VE is 16.7AFR.
No enrichment is active (Gamma is at 100%), and required fuel is set correctly, "Multiply VE value by MAP:Baro ratio" is turned on and I cant seem to solve it on any car.
Ill attach the 1JZ tune so you can check it out - ignore the VE map above 166KPA, that's the current max boost because of fueling problems.

Please tell me Im doing something terribly wrong :lol:

Thank you so much!
Attachments
(55.64 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
By ric355
Sticking with the one you've provided the tune for, it's a little tricky for anyone to comment on your REQ_FUEL unless you tell us what size injectors you are running and how you have the hardware set up (injector wiring and to which channels on the board).

On the face of it 6ms doesn't seem like too much so I'm not convinced there isn't something else going on and therefore I don't necessarily think just reducing it is the answer; at least not without more investigation.

I don't know the engine but Google says it's a 2.5l 6cyl - correct?
By Tal_S24
LPG2CV wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:22 pm If you reduce the required fuel, you can increase the VE.
I have done that but still it's not very responsive to VE tuning around idle. Can mostly tune it to either be super rich or super lean
By Tal_S24
ric355 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:33 pm Sticking with the one you've provided the tune for, it's a little tricky for anyone to comment on your REQ_FUEL unless you tell us what size injectors you are running and how you have the hardware set up (injector wiring and to which channels on the board).

On the face of it 6ms doesn't seem like too much so I'm not convinced there isn't something else going on and therefore I don't necessarily think just reducing it is the answer; at least not without more investigation.

I don't know the engine but Google says it's a 2.5l 6cyl - correct?
Hey, thanks for the reply. It's a 2.5L 6cyl engine, its got 440CC injectors, they're paired so 3 outputs. 1&6, 2&5, 3&4.
I don't think its REQ_FUEL either. It's extremely simple to set up
By LPG2CV
Not RF then :)

I'm on my mobile so can't see tune. Just throwing ideas at you off the top of my head.

Is it the number of squirts. As in for some reason the rf didn't decrease if you increased the number of squirts.

Is wue still on

Voltage corrections. Is vc applied to whole of dead time.

IAT correction slope.

Perhaps post a log :)
By ric355
Tal_S24 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:31 pm Hey, thanks for the reply. It's a 2.5L 6cyl engine, its got 440CC injectors, they're paired so 3 outputs. 1&6, 2&5, 3&4.
Tune seems to match that OK from what I can tell but maybe I missed something.

With the AFRs you gave I'd expect the idle quality to be significantly different between the two values (11.8 and 16.7). Is that the case or is it basically the same? It should really stink at the rear at 11.8 and definitely not at 16.7.

Do you trust your wideband? I'd be looking at that first, and its calibration in TunerStudio.

For VE's of 5, 6 and 7 this implies pulsewidths of 1.052, 1.061 and 1.07 ms respectively, so there's nowhere near the sort of significant change being described by the AFRs you gave.
By Tal_S24
LPG2CV wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:36 pm Not RF then :)

I'm on my mobile so can't see tune. Just throwing ideas at you off the top of my head.

Is it the number of squirts. As in for some reason the rf didn't decrease if you increased the number of squirts.

Is wue still on

Voltage corrections. Is vc applied to whole of dead time.

IAT correction slope.

Perhaps post a log :)
2 Squirts, tried it with 1 as well, same result.
WUE is off
IAT correction is turned off
Not sure about voltage correction though. But I dont think it would make it 10 times more sensitive :\
I've seen tunes and videos of people with around 50-70 VE on idle with the same board and seemingly the same settings as me :roll:
By Tal_S24
ric355 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:01 pm
Tal_S24 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:31 pm Hey, thanks for the reply. It's a 2.5L 6cyl engine, its got 440CC injectors, they're paired so 3 outputs. 1&6, 2&5, 3&4.
Tune seems to match that OK from what I can tell but maybe I missed something.

With the AFRs you gave I'd expect the idle quality to be significantly different between the two values (11.8 and 16.7). Is that the case or is it basically the same? It should really stink at the rear at 11.8 and definitely not at 16.7.

Do you trust your wideband? I'd be looking at that first, and its calibration in TunerStudio.

For VE's of 5, 6 and 7 this implies pulsewidths of 1.052, 1.061 and 1.07 ms respectively, so there's nowhere near the sort of significant change being described by the AFRs you gave.
The idle is absolutely terrible. Wet and smelly on 11.8 and it barely runs on 16.7.
I've used another wideband previously (14point7) and now using an AEM X-Series, both showing pretty much the same AFR
By noisymime
Tal_S24 wrote: The idle is absolutely terrible. Wet and smelly on 11.8 and it barely runs on 16.7.
I've used another wideband previously (14point7) and now using an AEM X-Series, both showing pretty much the same AFR
What pulse width are you getting at 11.8 vs 16.7?

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?